Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Rainmaker

The Rainmaker (The Family Creed #2)
by Shauna Allen


It is sad, emotional, fun, loving read, filled with normal day to day life of losing one you love and trying to move on. The not knowing is killing this family but somehow someway they find the strength to move on never forgetting The Dove that touched them so deep in her short life. They spend years wondering, looking for answers but never getting them. Each family member is going through their own hell but still moves on with their day to day life. Here you will read Levi’s story he has had his own pain and loss besides losing his baby sister he lost his one true love, marrying another only to lose his son, with nothing there to hold the marriage together he lost his wife. Now years later his past meets his future bring back the one woman he truly loved. His past has changed him into a man so far from the easy going lucky man he used to be. What you see now is a man driven to make money, a mover, shaker in the business world, never looking back the pain is still too real. With Harper back in his life he is going to have to face the demons from his past.

What a great addition to this series, the author had me in her palm with the first book and this one was no different. Clair is never far away as we get closer to the truth of what happened to her it becomes very emotional and heartbreaking leaving us with more questions and few answers. I and the family feel that she is dead but there is still hope that she may be alive out there in this crazy world. The author gives us drama that held my attention, making me want to read The Dove waiting to know what happened, but this is Levi’s story which holds its own interest and entertainment. Here we see a broken man watching one of his brothers finding true happiness and another family member having a child which brings back memories he has been trying to outrun. At the same time he must face how things ended with Harper and bring closure to that part of his life.

Levi is strong, but weak, he is man with dreams but has lost so many. He is a ticking time bomb ready to blow his top, he has so much pain pinned up inside which shows just how strong he really is that he hasn’t let go. Harper is a caring loving woman who knows what she wants but knows how to give the space Levi needs. As their past come to light your heart breaks for each of them. There are some very emotional scenes that will bring tears to your eyes. I wanted so bad to give them both support, grabbing them holding them tight. It isn’t all sad the author gives you lots of laughs in a story that is very entertaining and holds your attention from start to finish. I just love the energy Harper has she is so full of life making those around her smile and laugh. She has known true pain and sorrow but has grown to be an amazing woman. Between these pages you will find a family filled with love, and pain that supports the other but gives them space as well as they go through what no family should.

Bottom line this is a series you don’t want to miss filled with so much it will break your heart, but they will make you laugh, chuckle and want to cry for all they have gone through. They are strong, demanding but gentle and caring. It is a story that will stay with you as you live their journey seeking answers to the unknown and finding a reason to live a life without their dearly beloved sister. It is a story filled with hot steamy passion, the love scenes are wonderful. You are going to need to things why reading this book tissues and a fan. This will be a series I will read again and again filled with wonderful characters and a plot that will pull you in.

Buy Links
Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Google Play

Summary
~ Five brothers, one family tragedy, untold heartache. ~

The world callously moved on when my sister disappeared without a trace ten years ago.
My life—my family’s lives—froze in grief that torturous summer day.
My soul crumbled completely, a few years later, when I buried my son.
I survive the agony by hiding it neatly beneath my businessman façade and all the accolades that money can buy.
But Harper Devlin is my Achilles heel. The one who got away . . . with my broken heart.
Now she’s back and as irresistible as ever.
I shouldn’t want her. I can’t have her. But I need her.
And she needs me. I may have to conceal all my wounds just to survive being around her again, but I’m willing to do it to help her build her dreams and her business. It’s what I do. It’s what I know. I’m damn good at it.
My name is Levi Creed.
I am the Rainmaker.

***Reader note: This is the second of a 6-part emotional family saga series. Each story is 100% male first-person point-of-view, and while each full-length novel is guaranteed to have a complete HEA romance, their family mystery remains unsolved until the end of the series.
***Due to profanity and very strong sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18

No comments:

Post a Comment