Homicide & True Crime Stories of 2017
Annual True Crime Anthology
By: Rebecca Lo, Jack Rosewood
Narrated by: Kevin Kollins
Length: 6 hrs and 52 mins
Release date: 01-10-18
This is a summary of the most horrible crimes for the year 2017. Some I knew about other I did not and still some I learned a little more then I knew. It is a great collection of some of the most dangerous criminals of the year some very shocking and horrible acts that is more than a person can bare. My heart goes out to the families that were left behind and the victims that were killed. It was so easy for me to picture the ugly scenes in my mind, at times my mouth hung open. Getting in the mind of a killer is never easy, we will never know their reasoning or their thoughts to bring them to their actions.
Mr. White did a wonderful job on the narration. He did a few character voices which were really good but most of the book is about facts and there is no need for the different voices. He has a very pleasant voice that really adds to the detail of this audio. He gave the facts as they are but with interest like he really enjoyed learning the facts as much as I did. There are no repeats of words, nor any background noise, there are no volume changes. The music fits the story when it is used it isn’t over powering and blends very well. I thought his performance was great and he added a lot to the story with his tones and emotions. I look forward to listening to more of his work.
The author always gives me a very good listen with facts as they are. He makes his audios interesting as he shows you the twists and turns of a real criminal. If you are a true crime junky like me this is one of the books you do not want to miss. It is interesting, holds your attention, the author lays it out from month to month as he gives you the true facts, the outcome and lets you decided if you feel the verdict was right
Every year, we look back in horror at the sheer evil mankind is capable of, and 2017 was no different.
Across the world, but particularly in the United States, startlingly horrific crimes have almost become commonplace, causing us to double-lock our doors at night and look over our shoulders, wondering if we're safe, no matter how crowded or well-lit our location is.
In this true crime release, we've compiled some of the most gripping and gruesome crime stories of 2017. Some of the horrible stories you will hear about includes:
- A Florida serial killer stalked a close-knit suburb of Tampa, killing Seminole Heights residents seemingly at random.
- A member of a neo-Nazi organization used his vehicle to kill a protestor in Charlottesville, Virginia, more than 50 years after the world defeated Hitler's racist rise to power.
- A couple was sentenced to death for brutalizing a 10-year-old girl for years, beating her, depriving her of food, forcing her to walk on the hot pavement of a sizzling summer in Arizona, only to let her die in an airtight box overnight, her punishment for eating a Popsicle without asking after sweltering in 115-degree heat.
- Two young girls were smart enough to record pictures and audio of a man suspected in their deaths, evidence that will hopefully soon solve their murders.
- A blood-soaked man carried his mother's decapitated head into a grocery store, attacking a clerk and stabbing him as well before being apprehended from police.
- The UK was rocked by terrorist bombings that turned joyous moments deadly in an instant.
- The death of Charles Manson gave us an opportunity to look back at the bloody mayhem inspired by a murderous man with a messiah complex.
Keep the lights on, Dear Listener, and welcome to 2017's most horrifying true stories.