Sunday, April 29, 2018

Unbridled Pursuit

Unbridled Pursuit
Novak Springs, Book 2
By: Dawn Brower
Narrated by: Erica Wilder
Series: Novak Springs Series, Book 2
Length: 7 hrs and 13 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 02-06-18



This was such a fun listen I just love the bickering back and forward between them. You had no trouble feeling the emotions from hate, confusion and lust these two have. The author gives you a few twists that you can work out if you listen closely. I was pretty sure but it took me awhile to realize the truth behind the story and the why of it. There is a little danger, a mystery, and lord the steam is outstanding when these two get together. When they finally come together they explode off the page with such excitement it makes your heart beat faster. It was great to see past characters from the past book, this one takes off where the last one left off. You do not need to read the first book the author gives such great back history you can read this as a standalone, but I am not sure why you would want to do that.

Ms. Wilder does a wonderful job of narration, I only found one place where she repeated some wording which I am guessing was one of the places she took a break. Besides that I could not tell if any breaks were taken. There are no background noises and no volume changes. She did an outstanding job with her many character voices. Her males are strong with deep voices and her females are sexy and sweet. I had not problem at all picturing the scenes as they unfold. She gave true emotions to her characters you could feel their feeling if they were angry, sad, happy, disappointed and excited. She even chuckled when it was called for. Her desperation and sorrow really touched me making me feel their pain. I thought her normal voice was just as pleasant as her character voices. This is the first time I have listened to her work and look forward to listening to more of it. Big thumbs up with and outstanding performance that really pulled me in

The story is touching, the twists are shocking and the plot is delightful. It is hard not to like these characters. They became like family to me, each pain they felt I felt, when they laughed so did I. When they cried I wanted to. For me it was a very emotional read with highs and lows, good and bad. Vitoria is strong, she can stand on her own and give back as good as she gets. She does have a few weaknesses those being the ones she loves and the wall her parents put up between her and her family. Wes is strong, caring and loving man to his friends and family. If he feels a wrong has been done to them he will fight until the bitter in. Tori is confused as to why he hates her, he can’t forget what he saw and those she hurt. It was truly a wonderful story from start to finish. They have one weakness and that is the other, their attraction, the pull and the passion they have each other. I loved the plot, the story just sizzles off the page as you are taken from one scene to the next. Their fighting is hot, their passion hotter. When they find the answers to the question they have one feels a fool the other relief but it also leaves them both with more questions and no answers. There was nothing I didn’t love about this story. That is why I have picked it as one of my favorite reads for the year.


Buy links
Audible

Amazon

Kobo

B&N

Summary
Vitoria Miene lives in New York - on the opposite side of the country as her best friend. After careful thought, she decides to pack everything up and move to Seattle. There is only one problem with her plan - Wes Novak. He hates her and does everything in his power to make her miserable.
Wes has never detested anyone as much as he does Vitoria. He believes she is evil incarnate. If she wasn’t best friends with his brother’s fiancĂ©e, he’d never have to see her again. Unfortunately, he sees more of her than he wants to. So much so, he is starting to have trouble keeping his hands off her.
Wes and Tori fight every step of the way. They combust in each other’s arms as much as they bicker. Can they stop battling long enough to find the one thing they both want - love?

No comments:

Post a Comment