Saturday, June 2, 2018

Stray Magic

Stray Magic
By: Jackie Bouchard
Narrated by: Aisling Gray
Length: 9 hrs and 1 min
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 03-26-18


I am really struggling with this review there were parts I loved, it was cute but way too much filler. My thought and this is just my thoughts please do not take them as anymore than that. I think you should listen or read the book yourself to decided. I feel if it was cut in half leaving things out the audio would move more smoothly. The author wrote what I am sure she thought would be funny but for me it just wasn’t it was pointless. I really had trouble getting through this audio and it had nothing to do with the narrator which I thought did a good job. I trouble is it has too many details, what would the little man do when her gorgeous, beautiful etc daughter came home. I felt this was over played, She wants her ex-husband jealous, but she doesn’t, she has to have a man or at least someone to date because her ex just got engaged. The little man who is her fairy godfather messed up years ago, and he goes into details of this issue and how he will make it up. Way to long. I really, really tried to enjoy this but really think you could skip over a lot of it and still have the same effect. There are some great parts and the meaning and lessons learned here are outstanding. What one must remember is we don't all like the same things, others have loved it as I am sure many more will, for ME if fell short.

I really enjoyed the narration, she puts a lot of emotion into the audio and makes it enjoyable. It was very easy to know who was talking and what they were feeling. I loved her many different voices and how she really put a lot into the godfather and his different accents. I felt her male and female voices were wonderful as well as how she laughed etc when it was needed. The shower scene she made me feel the emotions and my heart started beating fast I had no trouble feeling the emotion that the characters was feeling as well as picturing the scenes in my mind. There are no background noises, no repeating of words and no volume changes just a clean and clear audio. She pauses when she needs to with just enough to let her words sink in and speeds up as the audio calls for putting true emotion into the listen. It is the first time I have listened to anything by this narrator and looks forward to getting to know more of her work.

What I really enjoyed was the dog and the things the author does with him. I can’t give much detail or it will give the story away. I really could feel the true emotions owner and dog had and really bought into that part of the story. This would be every pet owner wishes that they could have the same experience. It was a cute story just way too much filler and parts that would have been better had they been left out. I loved how it played out, what that kiss meant and who it was for really shows that you do not need fairy god anything to find your true love but a little brains and time, don’t give in to just anyone wait and your true love with come to you. 2.5 rounding up to a 3

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
Cara Snow is newly divorced, stuck working for a jerky boss at a pet boutique, and dreading her soon-to-be-empty nest with only her beloved corgi for company. Worse still, her ex just got engaged. Doesn’t she deserve some romance, too? Or, at least a date for the Fur Ball. She’s always enjoyed the annual pet rescue gala, but this year her ex will be there with his fiancĂ©e. Meanwhile, Cara hasn’t met anyone— other than the irresistible dogs at the boutique’s adoption events.
Cara is shocked when her wish to fall for a man as easily as she does for those mutts summons Vincent. His velour track suit, paunchy belly, and tough-guy accent don't exactly fit her childhood image of a fairy godfather. Not exactly on top of his game, he admits to being twenty-five years late. (Her daughter Winnie is convinced he must be there for her!) Vincent does his best and casts a spell "guaranteed" to help Cara find the One. But when she actually starts meeting men, none of them are her type. If only they were as perfect for her as the dogs they adopt. Did her screw-up fairy godfather botch the spell? If so, what will it mean not only for Cara but Vincent as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment