Saturday, June 9, 2018

Storm Force

Storm Force
By: Susannah Sandlin
Narrated by: Alexander Cendese
Length: 9 hrs and 2 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 10-17-13


I really loved this audio from start to finish, the author gives wonderful characters with mystery you just can’t put your finger on. Oh the secrets are wonderful when you get them worked out. There are characters you are going to love and some you will hate so much you wish you could take them out yourself. You know you have a wonderful audio when you are talking and yelling to the characters. One man has it all, and he demands more by pulling Mori into the bomb he set off, you will be shocked to the reasoning and how her family deals with it all. One man stands between her and the justice she deserves. He walks in to her place of business that she has given her life to protect those animals who need protection. He isn’t what he seems but does seem to have her back. It is a guessing game as to who is behind this bombing but one thing for sure is Kell is sure it isn’t Mori now he has to prove it since the world is hunting her down. Two people on the run trying to get justice with one dangerous man at the head who demands to have it his way. Time is short, and he knows she is hiding something never in his wildest dreams did he think it was what it is. Now he has a mad man hunting the women he wants and the women going off half cocked taking the man on by herself. What is she thinking she is about to get herself killed. His hands are tied as he calls in his friends who have secrets of their own. What a delightful action packed listen that takes you to another level leaving you on the edge with your mouth hung open.

Mr. Cendese is a wonderful narrator who pulled me away from the first page, with his wonderful characters, emotions, tones and the way he laid this story out for me. I really loved his character voices as much as I did his normal voice. He has a voice you could never get tired of listening to. He bought the action alive making me hold my breath, guessing to the outcome as he threw in the surprises and twists and turns the author gives us. There were no background noise, no volume changes, no repeating of words just one amazing audio I got lost in. I could not tell where he took breaks it was just a very smooth audio that is very clear and clean. I had no trouble picturing the scenes in my mind along with the danger and suspense. He really bought the story and the characters to life for me. I have not listened to his narration before but is sure is one I want to listen to again and again. I honestly feel he is worth more than a five star, he truly did an outstanding job. I do plan on listening to this audio again I totally loved it. It is well worth your time you are in for one heck of a treat. I can’t wait to listen to more of his work.

There was nothing I didn’t love about this audio from the plot to the wonderful characters and their abilities. It is well-thought-out with lots of action, thrills and a few chills. There were times I laughed, chuckled as well as times my heart beat fast from the thrill of the excitement the characters were going through. There were times I was very upset and mad at a few characters and other times when my heart just broke for what some had to deal with. At times my mouth dropped at the shock of people and what they are willing to do for money and how her parents were. I loved the buildup of the romance as well as how they dealt with the issues at the end. The twists and turns are exciting as the author pulls you in with wonderful characters and humor that will make you laugh. I have not read anything by this author but wow just wow I can’t wait to read more of her work. She is very talented knowing how to pull you in, holding you on the edge, I couldn’t wait to see what she had planned next. It was an audio that I couldn’t put down and had to find things to do, so I could listen longer. I know Walmart is happy I didn’t plan on spending as much money as I did, but I was so into this story I just grabbed this and that. Oh I will use the items just didn’t need them when I bought them. It truly is well worth your time to give this narrator and author a chance. I bought the book and got the audio at a very good price. It is well worth the money plus more. You are in for a treat that will stay with you long after you put the book down. Ms. Sandlin you have me hooked I sure hope this is a series, I can't wait for more.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon on KU

B&N


Summary
When a bomb explodes inside a Houston high-rise and the governor of Texas goes missing in the ensuing melee, former army ranger Jack "Kell" Kellison and the Omega Force counterterrorism team are called into action. Their mission: infiltrate the activist group suspected of masterminding the bombing, neutralize the threat, and recover the hostage. Yet within moments of meeting his prime suspect, beautiful environmentalist Mori Chastaine, Kell knows she's innocent of the bombing - but definitely guilty of something. Mori has a secret, one she is desperate to hide from Kell and the rest of the world - a secret that binds her to a primal power hungry to assure its future, even at the cost of thousands of innocent human lives. If Mori dares to reveal her true identity, will Kell join her fight? Or will she become his next target?

No comments:

Post a Comment