Sunday, June 10, 2018

And Justice for One

And Justice for One
By: John Clarkson
Narrated by: Alan Philip Ormond
Length: 12 hrs
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 02-16-18


What a unique story that grabs your attention from the start and doesn’t let go. The question is “If someone you loved was the victim of a violent crime, how far would you go to find justice?” We think we know the answer to that question but, do we? Would we have the resources to find out who was behind it and if we did what if they were more powerful than we were, what if they were out of our reach? So many questions with so few answers until the one you love is a victim we truly cannot answer this. Jack didn’t know the answer either until the day his brother came up missing, the day they found him was the day Jack went on the biggest man hunt of his life. Unlike us he does have the resources but even with them he still gets few answers until he ups the game kicking butt and taking names. This is an action packed thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seats as one man takes on a group of men taking them down one by one until he finds the guilty party. You can bet when that last name comes up he will do everything in his power to get justice for his brother. This is a story more or less of a one man army who is willing to give up his life to take out the man who hurt so many people not only just his brother. It is a thrilling listen that is action packed where the dark side meets the darker side, demanding justice with one hell of a punch that will make a grown man cry. Totally LOVE this audio.

Me. Ormond is a new narrator to me, but what a heck of a good one he is. He gives a thrilling exciting listen that takes you away making you hold your breath, hanging on, why he paints a picture of a thrilling, chilling plot the author wrote. He made me feel the passion, danger, excitement and even chills which ran down my back as the hunt was on and bad met good taking down one man at a time. The narrator made it very easy for the scenes to run wild in my mind as I watch the movie play through his voice. His character voices are wonderful both male and female really pull you in. He hits the correct tones with each character, you always knew what they were feeling and just who was talking. He made you feel the anger, passion, uneasiness, fear, and so much more. You could hear the chuckle, and even pain and sorrow as well as happiness and laughter right through his voice. There were no background noises, no repeating of words, no volume changes just a wonderful exciting clear, clean listen that took over your mind. He made me believe what was happening, I bought this story from start to finish. The characters became real to me as well as their pain. Before the story was over I was cheering Jack on. I was very impressed at how he portrayed the characters making them real people. I loved how he made Jack cold but exciting yet warm and loving which is not easy to do. His normal voice is very easy to listen to. I just could not put this down, I had to know what Jack would do next. I thought his performance was outstanding and can’t wait to listen to more of his work.

The author gives you an amazing story that really makes you think. It is a story that you won’t forget for a long time. Jack may be knocked down, but he won’t stay down. I really felt sorry for the man who came up against him, well just a little but not for long. The author made me buy into the story as I found myself cheering as one bad man went down and another one was on his way. I loved Jack’s sidekick that helped him get the justice his brother deserved. There are some wonderful supporting characters that came to mean a lot to me. There is no doubt that Jack wants revenge, but he also feels guilty for leaving his brother alone. He just lost his father and now it looks like he may lose his brother. It is a touching story with passion not only for his brother but for those that have been taken in and can’t get out. Jack is tough, but he has compassion, love and is truly a man who believes in honor and justice. The author throws in a touch of romance with a few twists. The characters are likable and believable, it would be hard to listen to this audio and not be taken in with the surprising spins and wonderful twists and turns. I set back with my heart in my throat a time or two. I also chuckled and laughed a few times as well as holding my breath, talking to the characters, and I am not ashamed to admit I did a little begging a time or two. I found myself saying oh this can’t be good, no I wouldn’t do that Jake, are you sure that is a good idea as well as do that again, hit him a little harder. Even had a few choice words for the bad guy. The ending was great a little surprising but wonderful what a great twist. Between the author and narrator I was totally hooked from the start loving every minute of a wonderful thrilling ride that I didn’t want to end. I see the author has book two out I do hope it will go into audio with this narrator. Bottom line it is a ride you don’t want to miss.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon is on KU

B&N

Summary
If someone you loved was the victim of a violent crime, how far would you go to find justice?
Jack Devlin didn't know the answer, until his brother was left comatose after a brutal assault. To the police, it was just another New York mugging. But to Jack Devlin, it was an abomination that must be avenged - outside the law.
"Packs a savage punch." (The New York Times)
"Dark, sexy, fast and tough." (Kirkus Reviews)
"Action fans will applaud." (Publishers Weekly)

No comments:

Post a Comment