Monday, May 28, 2018

Separated from My Love

Separated from My Love
Linked Across Time, Book 7
By: Dawn Brower
Narrated by: Duchess DeFoix
Series: Linked Across Time, Book 7
Length: 3 hrs and 39 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 12-20-17


Time travel is just so exciting to be able to go back in time and maybe find your soul mate would be lovely. I truly believe there is someone for everyone but that some just never meet due to living so far away or maybe they are in another time. It would be so heart breaking to fall so deeply in love but having a falling out and have that person come up missing never to be seen again. What do can you do but move on in your life after waiting, looking and not finding the person you are seeking. Maybe it would work out and maybe it would not but you would always be left wondering, looking and seeking. What this author has done is taking the above and twisting it into a wonderful delightful story that holds you captivate. It is full of broken hearts, seeking your true love who misunderstood something, love, romance, mystery and so much more.

I have just listened to another audio by this narrator my feelings haven’t changed on her narration. I have mixed feelings about the narration, oh I feel she did a great job but her normal voice is just too cheery for me. I can hear the sun shine when I think it might have been a little better if it wasn’t shinning so loud. Her character voices are wonderful both male and female are great, you always know who is talking and what they are feeling. She can really pull out the emotions of each character as she brings the story to life. There are no repeating of words, no volume change and no background noise. She does have a pleasant normal voice it just isn’t one that sounds natural to me, I can’t imagine talking to someone who is so cheery, and it just seem forced. Besides that I think it was a great audio, it is very clear and clean.

I really loved the characters in this story my heart went out to Trenton who may have found out what happen to his beloved. It sounds nuts even to him, but he will not leave a rock not turned if there is hope to get to the woman he loves back. At times my heart went out to Genevieve and other times not so much. She expected so much from a man who fought so hard to find her. Give the man a break unlike you it isn’t so easy for him to go through time. I loved the supporting characters and can’t wait to see what the author has in store for me with story of Serenity and Brandon story which looks to be even more exciting than this one.

It is very important for Genevieve to be found someone needs her help and only she can give it. The question is will she be to bullhead only seeing her pain and lose the chance to really be with the man she loves and go back home doing what she must. The twists and turns are very interesting, I found myself talking to the characters. I really wanted to push Genevieve right back through time and make her see she was being unreasonable. I did like the Duke and his adorable son and hope things work out for him, and he finds love but with his job it won’t be easy. It was an audio I had trouble putting down I had to know what happen next. There is some humor, some baiting that keeps the story interesting, a little drama that makes you want to shake a few, chat with some others and at times want to give some a hug. I totally enjoy this and can’t wait to start the next one in this series.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Kobo

B&B
Paperback


Summary
The love of Trenton Quinn's life disappeared suddenly. He tried to move on with his life but couldn't forget about her. When evidence arises suggesting she fell through a time hole he decides to figure out how to follow her to the past and bring her home.
Genevieve Byrne fell off a cliff landing in Regency England and total chaos ensued. Immediately upon her arrival she was kidnapped and held hostage by French spies. Only a miracle would see her through it and she prayed that somehow the love of her life would rescue her.
But he never came and she had to find a way to save herself. After careful research Trenton finds away to travel through time, but will he be too late to save the woman he loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment