Saturday, March 25, 2017

Canvas of the Heart


Canvas of the Heart
by Melissa Taggart



This is a touching read about a girl with cerebral palsy, it covers many years with lots of things changing in their lives. Lindsey and Jason hit it off from the start it was like he could almost read her mind. Jason made her feel comfortable in her own skin, he was easy to talk to they grew very close. The story moves on through the years pretty fast until the day they admit how they feel about each other. It moves on from there to their love growing and being a couple. There are a few small twists along the way which are interesting. There are some normal issues that couples have and some that is caused by her illness.

It is a heartwarming story that does pull on your heartstrings. I just felt like there was too much filler used and not enough insight on issues I would have liked to know more about. I didn’t feel very much chemistry between Jason and Lindsey I didn’t feel the passion. To me they seemed more like friends than lovers. It isn’t a story that pulled me in just when I thought it was going to take off and  I couldn’t put down it went sideways leaving me feeling like something was lacking. Don’t get me wrong there was some very good writing here but for me to much fillers. Becky and Lindsey relationship was so close and then not, her one day gone the next with no real explaining making us wonder what happen. The same with Becky and Jason’s relationship. I felt when detail should have been given it wasn’t and sometimes when it was it should not have been.

I felt it was good for a debut story but with some work it would have been great. Needs more spice more drama and more passion. I had a hard time getting into this and found it lacking in areas. I am not sorry I read it just wish there was more conflict as well as more about her dealing with cerebral palsy. I felt like someone was setting beside me telling me parts of their life leaving out parts as we all do when telling our life story.  It wasn’t a great but a good fit for me it might be just what you are looking for.

Buy Links
Amazon

B&N

Summary
Canvas of the Heart is romantic novel about a young woman with cerebral palsy, and how she rises above the term disability through her relationship with friends, family, and above all, the man who becomes her husband.

Funny, sexy and inspirational, the book focuses on Lindsey’s insights, struggles and triumphs, teaching us that those with disabilities can also lead rich, full lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment