Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Charmed Little Lie (Charmed in Texas #1)


A Charmed Little Lie (Charmed in Texas #1)
by Sharla Lovelace


There is a little bit of everything here from ex's, drama, jealousy, lies, secrets, surprises and so much more. I just adore it and had a hard time putting it down. You are drawn in from the first page with the heartbroken Lanie who just lost her beloved aunt who is more of a mother to her. She would have done anything for this woman and did by tell one BIG lie to make an old woman happy before she left this world. Her aunt is a woman full of surprises. You will fall in love with her as she throws a twist to win her way until the very end.

Lanie is in a pickle she must now find a husband to bring home to prove she is married. You are so going to love how these two meet and start their new life as husband and wife. I really loved these two characters and lord the messes they get into. Of course they have a little help getting into them which brings you hours of laughter, a little heart break and a lot of love. Nick has his hands full not only with Lanie but the whole town. As you well know small towns know everything and what they don’t know they make up. Throw in a few cousins and their friends and what a mess that makes. You are not going to believe what these people come up with and what they are willing to do to get their hands on aunties house.

There were a few times my jaw hit the floor and some other times I just laughed myself silly. I stayed up late, got up early and read through my breaks and lunch. I had to force myself to stop to work around the home. There is sorrow and heartbreak with a big mess that you don’t see anything good coming out of this. The romance is slow and steady but the passion is hot and wild. There is conflict in different levels as wells as deep meaning, humor, strength, and learning to give and take. Both Lanie and Nick have issues they will have to overcome from past relationships. Alan and his wife is something else but they are dealt with in a way that leaves you laughing your head off.

I love the wisdom her boss gave her I think we could all live by it. Her aunt even though we never get to meet her plays a big rule. I was a shocked at times and other times I laughed out loud. What a wise older women, I wish so much I could have gotten to know her. This is a laugh out loud book with lots of humor, a time or two I did have to reach for a tissue. The characters and supporting characters are wonderful all but the cousin and Alan I would have liked to run them out of town. I loved the dog, her best friend and I even grow to like the ex. This book is full of surprises. It was just a delightful fun read. One of Ms. Lovelace’s best stories yet. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. Ms. Lovelace as a winning series that would make a wonderful movie, I loved it from start to finish.  


Buy Links
Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Google Play

Summary
Charmed, Texas... quaint, quirky, and when it comes to romance, there's no place quite as enchanting.

Lanie Barrett didn't mean to lie. Spinning a story of a joyous marriage to make a dying woman happy is forgivable, isn't it? Lanie thinks so, especially since her beloved Aunt Ruby would have been heartbroken to know the truth of her niece's sadly loveless, short-of-sparkling existence. Trouble is, according to the will, Ruby didn't quite buy Lanie's tale. And to inherit the only house Lanie ever really considered a home, she'll have to bring her "husband" back to Charmed for three whole months--or watch Aunt Ruby's cozy nest go to her weasel cousin, who will sell it to a condo developer.

Nick McKane is out of work, out of luck, and the spitting image of the man Lanie described. He needs money for his daughter's art school tuition, and Lanie needs a convenient spouse. It's a match made... well, not quite in heaven, but for a temporary arrangement, it couldn't be better. Except the longer Lanie and Nick spend as husband and wife, the more the connection between them begins to seem real. Maybe this modern fairy tale really could come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment