Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Lady's Powerful Duke


A Lady's Powerful Duke

Written by: Matilda Hart , Historical Deluxe
Narrated by: Anneliese Rennie
Length: 2 hrs and 12 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:01-19-17
Publisher: Historical Deluxe


The story it’s self was a nice clean romance with interesting characters, you do not see much chemistry between the two main ones. I didn’t feel the pull between them until almost the end. It is a cute story about a lady who didn’t want to marry with a father that demands it. Cedric has a humorous way about his self that I liked. He learns fast to win his ladies heart he must wipe that smile off his face. I have mix feeling about him at first I liked him, than he was a little cold but at the end I really liked him when they could learn to pick and tease each other. Emilia was something else wild, wonderful and at times exciting. I didn’t understand at her first attempt why she didn’t just take a horse, walking was really silly and she is a much smarter lady than this. I have to admit she doesn’t give up easy, when most may not like it they go along with the plan. Not Emilia she spends half the book trying to outrun her father’s plans. She did have me laughing a time or two. She was honest and straight up telling it like it is but does have respect of others feelings.

Ms. Rennie’s narration for the most part was very good, her character voices are nice, and she puts feeling in to each character with wonderful voice emotions. The music has just got to go, it is too loud and over rides the words at the beginning of the audio.  I didn’t care for the music between the characters I thought it took a lot away from the audio plus it was way too loud.  I think it was chapter 7 where she repeats a few words twice and then I think she growled because she was up happy with the way it was done maybe? There is something weird going on there. After that there is one place where the volume changes that you can tell but doesn’t take away from the audio. My biggest issue was the music I didn’t like that even if it had been softer I wouldn’t have cared for it throughout the whole audio. I feel if music is going to be use it should be a softer lower sound that complements the audio and doesn’t take away from it. I don’t feel music should be used between chapters it just takes away from it, begin and end words well. I thought her voice was very pleasant, her characters very nice. You have no trouble knowing who is talking. It was easy to tell if it was male or female. My low rating is on the music and the repeat of words the rest of the audio I thought was good. I loved the emotion she brings to her characters as well as the feeling of helpless and not giving up that you can feel each character goes through. I would like to listen to something else of her work and get a better idea of it.

The story has a wonderful plot, the characters were nice it wasn’t one that that really grabbed me but was nice. The characters were nice I just didn’t feel any kind of attraction between them until the end. When you would have really got to have seen it was when she agreed to give their relationship a change as they got to know each other. That was not show in the book just touched on. I loved Emilia she was so full of emotion, life and passion about what she wants out of life. You could feel her angrier, her feeling of loss and her wild side. She really didn’t think out her plans very well and does seem to have a hard time making one work. She did seem to get into a lot of trouble which I enjoyed when the duke took her in hand. She was great. I would like to read more of this authors work to get more a handle on her writing style. All in all it wasn’t a bad story or audio just has a few issues.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
Emilia MacNeil is an independent miss. Truth be told, she's a bit of a tomboy, and many's the proper lady who has called her a hussy for her sometimes less than ladylike behavior. But Emilia remains unrepentant. She's as good as any man, and better than some, and the last thing she wants is to be married to any of them. She'll happily be an aunt to her siblings' children, but she wants nothing to do with marriage.
Enter Lord Cedric Hanson, Duke of Roxburgh. According to her father the Marquess, the Duke is to be her husband, but Emilia refuses to comply. When she is brought back after her first attempt at escape is foiled, she vows to take the battle to the enemy, so to speak. But every attempt she makes to escape is hindered, first by the guards who accompany her and her father to the Duke's seat, and afterwards by the Duke himself. Their game of hide and seek eventually leads to more, as Emilia finds herself reluctantly admiring the man who would take her freedom. Admiration becomes arousal...becomes more. In the end, on her wedding day, Emilia must choose between the independence she has fought for all her life and the man she has come to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment