Friday, March 24, 2017

Guitar Woman


Guitar Woman

Written by: Denise Kahn
Narrated by: Denise Kahn
Length: 2 hrs and 3 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:08-16-16




This has a great plot that you get lost in long with some wonderful character narration. A short and two the point read/listen with no fillers. I thought it was exciting, thrilling and a little chilling at times. My heart broke when they were attacked and left for dead. At one place I was unsure if Cassie had died my heart just broke. With the next few chapters your heart breaks even more for all these two have to go through.

I have mixed feeling about this narration, while listening with headsets or through my car radio there is an echo that really takes away from the audio. When I got home and was working around the house I plugged into my speakers and did not hear the echo. I am unsure if it was the system I was using or if the narrator worked it out. I really think it needs more of a filter to take away from that noise. This was the only issue I found everything else was wonderful. I loved Ms. Kahn many different character voices they are totally wonderful and filled with emotions. You are never left guessing what each one is feeling or just how much their heart is breaking. The joy they find in each other is totally wonderful and show in the narrators voice. Her accents are outstanding, she has no trouble carrying off a male voice that sound authentic and very manly. I had no trouble picturing the scenes unfold in my mind like a movie. The performance was great excepted for the echo which really took away from the audio. The music used was soft and not over powering that you enjoy. I usually do not care for it throughout the audio but I didn’t mind this at all. I even thought it added something to the audio.
                               
I really enjoy the story line it really pulls you in and making you a part of the story. There is danger, excitement, heartache, pain along with so much love, thrills as these two come together with love at first sight. The love scene are not over sexed but blends well, you know what is happening but you do not have it thrown at you with lots of descriptions. I do have to say I missed so much in the store why shopping I had to cut the volume down to get rid of the echo that with the noise going on around me it was hard to hear the audio. I do feel the character voice do make up for that and will give the performance a 4. I would have liked for the story to go on a little longer to see how their life turned out. The ending was very good, I really love the supporting characters. The old women just broke my heart with her story. I think she took great pleasure living through Alex’s and Cassie’s story. It was a very emotional, touching and lovely story that I truly enjoyed. 

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
GUITAR WOMAN IS FILLED WITH ROMANCE, SUSPENSE AND PASSION, SET IN BEAUTIFUL GREEK LOCATIONS.

Alex Kouros’ passions are making exquisite guitars and producing Greece’s premier beer. At a prestigious art gallery he meets artist Cassandra Beckham. A whirlwind romance ensues, but is cut short when malicious kidnappers board the yacht they are sailing on in the turquoise waters of the Aegean. As they struggle with the malefactors Alex is shot and Cassie falls into the sea with a blow to her head. They are left for dead, and although they survive they both think the other died.
Alex blames himself and tries to drown his sorrows with his brew. Cassie washes up on a deserted beach of a tiny island.
Will they be destined to find each other again?

No comments:

Post a Comment