Monday, May 28, 2018

It's Never Too Late for Love

It's Never Too Late for Love
Everyone Deserves a Fairy Tale Ending
By: Marsha Casper Cook
Narrated by: Greg Nelson
Length: 3 hrs and 19 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 03-07-18


It is a cute story but not one that held my attention for very long. I loved the pet angle but just couldn’t get into the dog being able to talk. You pretty much know what is going to happen before it does. Noah would love to have a relationship but doesn’t have the time to put into finding the one person who will rock his world. His mother wants grand babies and decides to find him a wife. Of course the ones she finds are not ones her son wants so there is a little tug of war going on. Maybe what he is looking for is right in front of his face the cute dog seems to think so.

Mr. Nelson’s narration at times is very good but other times his character voices sound very alike. There are times he should be in the main female voice, but he uses his normal voice. For the most part it sounds like he is reading. There are times he gives great emotions but other times he needs to work on his tones to make you believe what he is saying and feeling. There is no repeating of words, no volume changes, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. His normal voice is great but sounds like he is reading at times almost robotic. With the issues I heard he just could not get me to buy into a talking dog or much of the story. I was not pulled in to this audio and felt very much lost. There are times when his voice moves to fast that I though there should have been a longer pause. I have listened to other samples of his work some I have the same issues above with and others I don’t hear what I do in this one. For me it does not flow easy and smooth, it is a very clear and clean audio.

As I said it is a cute listen with a great plot and some wonderful characters. I was not able to be pulled in. I thought there was too many fillers added which took away from the story. There is a story inside the story about his mother which was very cute. There is humor which made me smile. Don’t get me wrong not all is lost there are some very good parts and some I didn’t care for. This is my opinion, my thoughts in no way take what I have said for law. Give it a try others have and have totally enjoyed and some have loved it. There has been times I didn’t care for the book or audio where my review have made others want to give it a try. I sure hope this is the case with this one. I am sorry but for me it just didn’t work.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Kobo

B&B
Paperback

Ebook

Summary
Confirmed bachelor Noah Meyers thinks living his life without a partner is just fine and manages to dodge his meddling mother’s repeated attempts to fix him up.
When an adorable dog named Gracie finds her way into his life and decides to play matchmaker, Noah finds his carefully constructed world is turned upside down.
Will Gracie complete her mission to finally find a fairy tale happy ending for Noah and ultimately help herself find happiness, too?
It’s Never Too Late For Love is a timeless and delightful love story filled with a lot of laughter and just a hint of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment