Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Wyatt's Bounty

Wyatt's Bounty
The McCades of Cheyenne, Book 2
By: Kim Turner
Narrated by: Dawson McBride
Series: The McCades of Cheyenne, Book 2
Length: 12 hrs and 6 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 01-05-18


This is a very suspenseful read that keeps the reader interested. If is full of drama, mystery and takes off where the last book left off. We now know more about the McCades and how their father died and the outcome of the men who took his life. The author gives wonderful updates on the characters from the past book as Wyatt decides to step up to the plate making demands of the women he loves that leads to turmoil and broken hearts.

Not much has changed from the last time I listen to this narrator in the first book, his voice is rough and ragged just like you would think a cowboy should be. Some times it was hard for me to tell who was talking because his voices are so close sound to the others. At times his voice seems a little flat, pauses when he should not and a few times he should have. Since I had already listened to him in the first book it didn’t take as long to over look the issues I have and really enjoy the listen. His male and female voices were nice for the most part I knew who was talking. At times, I could feel the emotions of the characters and other times I feel more was needed. All in all not bad at all and very enjoyable. There was no background noises, no volume changes if any breaks were taken I could not tell. All over I thought his performance was good and I enjoyed it. With a little work on character voices, showing true emotions he will have a wonderful career as a narrator.

I thought Wyatt come across a little to forceful when trying to get Tess to talk about her feeling and how he was going to make her do what he wanted. He was just to high-handed throwing too much power around. I know if a man came into my home and said and did the things he did it wouldn’t have turned out good for either of us. To me he came off as a bully and just set my teeth on edge. Once we got over this part he seems to get some sense and backed down. From then on I enjoyed the story. Once Tess turns him down and said she is leaving town he sees some very hard days. He had the angels on his side there is no other answer for him still being alive. His pain is real, and he pretty much gives up on living, hunting one dangerous man after another not caring if he lives or dies until he finds out Tess didn’t leave and races home as fast as he can only to find trouble along the way.

Tess has a secret that no man wants to hear not in those days. There is one big thing keeping her from agreeing to marry the man she loves. When months go by and Wyatt doesn’t return she gets worried. Turning to his mother with long talks maybe just maybe she can have Wyatt and the life he promises her. That is until the plot takes a big turn throwing a tail spin on the story. Leaving many on the edge between life and death.

I thought the author has a wonderful plot but I did feel it was a little long. She gives wonderful detail with a lot going on. There are stories inside of stories as you get to know the characters and the town. I enjoyed the mysteries, the characters, the supporting characters. Tess is a very strong woman but feels no man will want her. She can stand on her own but really wants a good man to love her. Wyatt is hot-tempered his mouth gets him into a lot of trouble. With the way things go down he is going to have a lot of time to think over how he deals with issues. I chuckled a few times, even raised an eyebrow a time or two. I thought it was an exciting story with danger, excitement, fear and challenges that really made it interesting. There is a lot going on between these pages and at times I found my mind wondering but the author was able to pull me back. An enjoyable read with characters you will like, you will chuckle, with a few mouth drops and a lot of smiles. I thought it was worth my time and feel most will enjoy it.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
Bounty hunter Wyatt McCade is taking down outlaws one at a time. He’s been in love with Tess Sullivan for years, but she refuses to give in to her feelings. Reeling from the rejection of his marriage proposal, he chases bounties with little concern for his own safety. When word reaches him that Tess never left for Boston, he rides for Cheyenne to confront her. Instead, he is ambushed and left for dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment