Monday, March 5, 2018

Tinderbox


Tinderbox
By: Rachel Grant
Narrated by: Greg Tremblay
Series: Flashpoint, Book 1
Length: 9 hrs and 57 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 02-14-17



I just love this author and all of her book she pulls you in with excitement, thrills, action and suspense. This is romance as its finest with an author that never disappoints you with strong women who know how to hit the ground running and the hero’s that do their best to keep them safe. This is a wonderful start to a new series with a great plot and delightful characters that keep you turning the pages. She pulled me in from the first page until the last. I stayed up very late to listen as much as I could, I hated to put the book down.


Mr. Temblay did an outstanding job pulling the listener in giving a wonderful listen to his many different character voices to his wonderful tones they all were delightful. He held me on the edge through all the danger to the romance. His female voices were as great as his male ones. I had to trouble picturing the scenes as they unfold holding me on the edge through the danger which is filled with action. His tones and emotions were great you always knew who was talking and just what they were feeling. There was no repeating of words, no background noises, no volume changes. It sounded like he finished it at one setting if breaks were taken I could not tell. He made me feel like I was setting right there watching a movie as he delivered the excitement and thrills even a few chills that I felt all the way to my toes. He performance was outstanding giving me a listen I was hooked on from start to finish.  


When Morgan and Pax meet you can see the sparks they create coming right off the pages. Pax likes a strong woman which Morgan is. Pax isn’t letting any grass grow under his feet as he shows his very alpha side. He makes demands and expects her to fall in line following him and the orders he gives. Rules are rules as these two try their best to put up a wall to keep their attraction at bay. Neither willing to admit what they feel which really adds to the story giving a very interesting and exciting read. As danger comes their way they must learn how to work together as they try to fight their attraction. Pax is doing everything he can to keep her safe when she is taken he is on the race against the clock to find her. Morgan must really pull on her enter strength to get through some very trying days as she works to survive and hopefully escape. She is praying Pax finds her in time and he is doing everything he can to locate her and bring her back safe and sound. It really gets exciting here and very dangerous as not everything is as it seems.


Ms. Grant has out done herself filling each page with excitement, suspense, danger, wonderful hot love scenes that is full of tension, lust, thrills and chemistry that leaves you holding your breath just waiting to see what comes next. The danger keeps you on the edge with eyes glued to the pages turning them as fast as you can. I was talking to the characters as if they were real people. When you start talking, yelling at the book you know you are so invested you can’t put it down that you have a wonderful read you wish would not end. Mr. Grant deliveries all this and more she is one of my go to authors when I want something exciting that I know will pull me in making my heart beat faster as she takes me through one thrilling scene into the next. I have trouble waiting for her next book to come out. If you are looking for a wonderful author that keeps you one the edge with excitement and thrills you have found her. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I have.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Kobo

B&N

ITunes

googleplay

Summary

In the volatile tinderbox of the Horn of Africa, Morgan Adler has made the paleoanthropological find of a lifetime. The discovery brings her to the attention of a warlord eager to claim both Morgan and the fossils, forcing her to make a desperate dash to the nearby US military base to beg for protection.

Master Sergeant Pax Blanchard has orders to intercept Dr. Adler before she reaches the base, and in so doing saves her life. After a harrowing afternoon he safely delivers her to his commanders, only to find his responsibilities toward protecting the obstinate archaeologist have only just begun.

Morgan and Pax are forced to work together in the Djiboutian desert heat, but it is the fire that ignites between them that threatens to combust them both. For the Green Beret, involvement with the woman he must protect is a threat to his career, while for the archaeologist, the soldier is everything she never wanted but somehow can’t resist. When Morgan uncovers a mystery surrounding Djibouti’s most scarce and vital resource, the danger to her reaches the flashpoint. For Pax, protecting her is no longer a matter of following orders, and he’ll risk everything to bring her back alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment