Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Bad Luck Bride


The Bad Luck Bride
By: Janna MacGregor
Narrated by: Rosalyn Landor
Series: Cavensham Heiresses, Book 1
Length: 11 hrs and 30 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 09-25-17


The author gives you a unique story of revenge, a curse and those who draw it out along for the fun of it, with those who want her hand for their own reasons. It takes a little while to understand what the curse is and why she feels she is cursed. The author plays off one man against another one wanting her money and the other wanting revenge for a wrong he feels has been done to his family. There are a few surprises along the way along with a few major twists that makes some look like fools. There is a lot of misunderstanding along with a little confusion, some suspense and a few thrills that makes the story interesting.

I loved this narrators accent she really adds to the audio making it believable. Her character voices are great from her dashing males to her very sassy ladies. She brings true emotion to the story as she spins a tale of revenge, anger, deceit, lies giving it true feeling. You could hear the anger, sorrow, sadness, fear, excitement, smiles, laughter in her voice. I always knew who was talking and what their feelings were. There are no background noise, no volume changes, no repeating of wording, it was a very clean and clear audio, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. I really liked her deep male voices and how she portrayed them. Her female voices were wonderful even the mean women with their nosey noses in everything were done just right. She really bought the danger alive for me making me hold my breath. There were times she made me feel sad for one or another. I am not sure if I had read it I would have had such strong feelings. I thought her performance was wonderful and can’t wait to listen to more of her work.

The story was a little long with a little more filler than I like. I thought some could have been left out making it a more interesting read. However, I did enjoy it and all the mystery along with the twists and turns that came with it. When Alexander finally saw the truth my heart broke for him. Claire I did feel sorry up to a point, and she was very likable but at times I thought she acted much younger that what she was. I liked how she took charge and truly trying to make the marriage work. I felt both their pains, trials and sorrow. The author does keep it interesting and for the most part I enjoyed it. For me this wasn’t a page turner but it was worth my time. The characters are interesting, I loved the mystery, how things turned around putting egg on a few faces. I loved the surprises and the defeat, some were very heart breaking. The ending is good leaving you with a smile.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

ITunes

Kobo

Google Play


Summary
From an emerging new voice comes The Bad Luck Bride, a regency romance that begins with a cursed bride and a plot for revenge.
Alexander Hallworth, Marquess of Pembrooke, will not rest until he gets vengeance on the man who destroyed his family. Just one more piece needs to fall into place for Alex to succeed: he needs to convince the man's fiancée, the tragically beautiful Lady Claire Cavensham, to marry him instead.
Lady Claire's "curse" has left her one step away from social ruin: her past three engagements have gone awry, and now her fourth one is headed the same way. Before anyone can learn of her latest scandal, she's caught in an awkward situation with Alex who then shocks everyone by announcing their engagement.
Forced into marriage, Alex and Claire find themselves unexpectedly drawn to each other. But as the two of them grow closer, will the truth of their union shatter their fragile feelings or is love strong enough to survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment