Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Stutter Creek



Stutter Creek
By: Ann Swann
Narrated by: Stephen Woodfin
Series: Stutter Creek, Book 1
Length: 5 hrs and 59 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 11-21-13


Between the author and narrator my heart was in my throat more times than I can count. This is a very fast pace story that at times broke my heart and other times left me with my mouth wide open. It is very sad and painful when you lose everything that you know all at one time. For Beth her father dies, her husband leaves her and her adult daughter moves putting an ocean between them. Beth was very close to her father and decides to go to their summer cabin where she feels the closest to him. Along the way she sees a child alone on a dark cold road. She starts to stop but decides from a feeling she gets this might not be a good idea. Once she gets to town she does send someone back to look for him, but he was never found. What she doesn’t know is a killer is on her trail and plans to take her, have his fun and killer her. What happens between these pages will shock you and make you look over your shoulder as one woman comes up missing and then another. The author gives you a wonderful story inside a story of young love that never has a chance to grow. Now years later Beth and John come together again for a second chance as they work through the mystery of footprints, noises and their feelings to find their second chance could end in their death.

I thought Mr. Woodfin did a really good job of narration. At times, I thought his voice was a little dry but works great as the serial killer comes out to play. His emotions were good but a little to dry at times, his character voices was great. I had no trouble knowing who was talking or what they were feeling. I could even feel the feelings of each character as my heart started beating faster. He paused at times he should not have but should have paused at other times. There is no repeating of words, no background noises, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. I thought he did a great job pulling me in taking me away as well as keeping me on the edge with my heart beating faster. It was easy to picture the scenes as they play out making me feel the fear and danger. I have not listened to any of his work before and found it to be nice but needs a little work. It is well worth your time to give it a listen it is a very enjoyable audio that I enjoyed very much.

From the first page the author lays out a compelling story that hooks you. My heart was in my throat from the start and pretty much stayed there throughout. Ms. Swann knows how to write a story that sucks you in giving you great detail and lays out a plot that keeps you guessing why it holds your attention not letting you go until you come to the end. I really liked how the romance plays out from years ago to John feeling like he was to old for Beth and how he honored her until they came together again trying to overcome the war he was in and all he has seen. Both have issues they are working out but both could never forget the years ago when love touched them. Just as they start to come together working on their feelings for each other things start going wrong. Something just isn’t right weird feeling of being watch, footprints where there should be none and women come up missing. Time is running out as the killer gets closer to his victory.

The plot is outstanding as well as the suspense. I loved how Beth’s father comes into play. The characters are great, there is no doubt your heart will break for one who is held and used over and over again. I loved this from start to finish and could not put it down. This is one author I have come to love and can’t wait to read the next in this series. If you love suspense, romance, excitement, danger and mystery you are so going to love this thrilling suspense action packed read.


Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

ITunes

Kobo

Summary
When Beth lost her father to cancer and her husband to another woman, she didn't know where to turn. So she retreated to the family cabin at Stutter Creek. Some of the best times of her life were spent at that cabin. That's where she met her first crush, a boy named John. But that was many years ago...could he possibly still be around? Or would she find something sinister instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment