Sunday, December 11, 2016

Stolen Breaths


Stolen Breaths: Stolen Breaths, Book 1

Written by: Pamela Sparkman
Narrated by: Corrie Legge
Length: 6 hrs and 43 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:11-09-16
Publisher: Pamela Sparkman


I am really torn on this review there were parts I thought were good and others I did not.  There was way too much filler used here, you could have skip pages and or chapters and still not missed much. It started out really good the author really got my attention on the plane ride, meeting the grandson, the eye contact but then lost me by giving me to many unimportant details. The next time the author really got my attention was when Cooper was telling her the story of their first meeting. That really got to me as well as how much her father loved her. It broke my heart that he died the way he did with no last goodbye. Again the author lost me with too many useless details. I really liked when Cooper took her back to his home leaving her in the car and all that followed after that. But yet again it follows with too much unimportant information.  The ending was sweet I loved the girls name and the why of it.

Ms. Legge as narrator was good she really put forth the emotion for the most part. There were times where it sounds more like she was reading than playing a part. There were places where she sounded bored that the story really wasn’t pulling her in. Don’t get me wrong she did show a lot of emotion and at times really got into character. There were times when she was a little too fast or a little too slow and other times when she was right on the money. There were not any background noises or any places where the volume was higher or lower than any other place in the audio. Her character voices were great loved her male and female ones. It was a clear audio it just wasn’t smooth all the way through.  Would I listen to more of her work yes I feel with the right story she could really take it away into an amazing audio.

This really was a very touching story and very hard to believe looking at the whole picture a true one. This is where it gets hard not to give the story away. I was totally into the bar scene when the person held her, even finding out who he was and the entire circle around it was just wonderful. Than to find out how her father died and who was respectable was just amazing. I loved Cooper’s friends and the jokes, I loved how sweet Cooper was to her from the start you could really feel the pull between them. His grandmother was a doll I just adored her. Lily’s best friend was a delight but seemed way to young for the story it was suppose to be.

This was really a very touching tragic story but with too much filler it was very slow moving which really took away from the story.  The characters are supposed to be older but they seem so young.  Lily just seemed so immature maybe it was she always called her father daddy that made her seem so young but her other actions did as well. If the story was cut in half this would have made a delightful read but sadly with all the filler I cannot give it more than a 3. Don’t get me wrong there were parts that were amazing and others I just had to stop and think over kill as well as parts that I found my mind wondering away from the story and I had to pull myself back in. This is where it gets really hard I am pulled between a 2 or a 3 so we will just go with a three. These are just my thoughts so do not let me hold you back from giving it a read or listen. Other have found it totally wonderful and loved it.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
“I have dents, bruises, scars, and cracks so deep that it’s a wonder I’m not in a million pieces…”

Sometimes things aren't always what they seem. Sometimes pain lies underneath, buried so deep that for a moment you let yourself forget – until you can’t.

I didn't realize how numb I was until I started feeling again, and he made me feel – everything. Cooper Hudson came into my life when I needed him the most – twice.

This is my story. This is the story of us.

“It was funny how you never really realized how lifeless you were until someone came along and gave you that shock to the chest that forced your heart to start beating again.”

Note: This is a true love story. It is a story about overcoming tragedy and circumstance. It's about learning to heal through the heartache when you would rather hide from it. Lily and Cooper meet, and nothing is ever the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment