Wednesday, February 24, 2016

You're Still The One (NYC Singles #1)





You're Still The One (NYC Singles #1)

by Sasha Clinton

 My Review
This is a story about second chances after reading the blur I thought this would be a great read. It starts out very slow and goes over their meeting and moves ahead to when they met again. I didn’t hate it nor did I like it. I thought the beginning was too much and over the top. I think this could have been done as a flash back with a lot less which would have made it more enjoyable. I just did not feel the passion between these two. The sex scenes just didn’t work for me and felt odd. I can’t believe any women would love a work date. Marry a man they know and has said I have little or no time for you my only goal is to build my company. With all of the above the author lost me never to find me again.

At times the characters were very likable and at other times seemed very child like. When they were younger I would expect them to act young but when you are in your thirties it is time to grow up and not be so juvenile. I didn’t feel the passion between them. The plot was okay nothing that really reaches out and grabs you but not bad at all. If a little of this or that had been added or left out it would have been a nice second chance read. There are so much that didn’t work for me I had such high hopes with the blur and truly wish it was what I expected. So much in this story just didn’t work for me.

I really hate giving a low star but I honestly can’t give it any higher. With all stories some will not care for it and others will love it. I hope you will give it a read maybe you will see what I am missing.  If you love second chances this might be the story for you.

Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment