Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Seeker: Five Book Box Set


The Seeker: Five Book Box Set
• Written by: Ditter Kellen
• Narrated by: Robert Coltrane
• Length: 7 hrs and 54 mins
• Unabridged Audiobook
• Release Date:01-25-16
• Publisher: DK Media, LLC


My Review
The story started to pull me in and then it went over the top and lost me never to find me again. The author put a twist on how we see vampires we have come to know that you become one when you are bitten. Here the author said you have been one all your life but you must drink a lot of blood to be changed. I thought that was a little over the top as well as when Dracula came along that just put the stops on it for me. There were a few other places that I just did not feel the story came together. I did not feel the heat or even the lead up to passion. They met and hit the hay but I didn’t feel the chemistry at all. There just wasn’t any build up to give it what a true romance is all about. This has a great plot I just felt it needed a little more thought to it.

Robert Coltrane did a good job on narration. I did feel his female voices were close to being the same. I had a hard time knowing which one was talking. The male voices were great. The audio was clear with even tones. At times Mr. Coltrane voice seemed a little flat but it wasn’t that much to take away from the audio. There are no background noises and no change from high to low anywhere in the audio. I thought his character voice were good, clear and even. The music added to this audio was great it put you in the mood for what the author wrote.

I enjoyed some of the character and I thought others were a little much. All in all this wasn’t a bad audio the narrator makes this a nice listen. Just because it wasn’t more for me doesn’t mean it won’t be for you. I am sure you will enjoy the narrator and what he brings to the story. Give it a try you might find what I didn’t see.
Buy Link
Audible

Amazon

B&N

 Overview
 Ember Wells knows the meaning of terror. A reporter by day, her nights are spent hiding from a serial killer known as The Seeker. He's stalked her for a year, terrorizing her through the lens of a camera.
Held prisoner by paranoia, fear becomes a lonely companion...until she meets Angelo Dimitrov, a dark, mysterious stranger who sets her world on fire.

Angelo Dimitrov is not what he seems. Sexy as sin and shrouded in secrets, he appears out of nowhere and moves in next door. Should Ember run from this stranger with the moss green eyes or give in to her heart and be burned alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment