Saturday, May 14, 2016

Paradise Cove: Paradise Series (audio)


Paradise Cove: Paradise Series, Book 1

Written by: Patrice Wilton
Narrated by: Cynthia Vail
Length: 7 hrs and 53 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-19-16
Publisher: Patricia Wilton


My Review
I thought this was a well written story for the first book in this series. I loved Kayla and Sean's story which was full of so much pain and lose. Sean has lost his whole family as he pulls into his self not letting anyone in. Kayla has been where Sean is now and does her best to pull him out of his shell. It is really a conflict of wanting to help and running away. Sean does open up but still is unwilling to give of his self.

I thought Ms. Vail did a good job she put emotions into the listen. I didn’t care for some of her voices but for the most part they were good. At times she sounds robotic more so in one character voice than the others. There was only one place where I am sure she took a break the volume went from low to higher. If she took any other breaks I could not tell. There were no background noise and really was a nice listen.

This does have a good plot with a story inside a story however part of the plot is a very touchy subject for a lot of Americans. I did like the characters I understood it must be kind of boring there with not much to do so I could relate to the sister. It does make a wonderful get away to hide in why you face your problems and getting over your pain. I thought Kayla forgive Sean a little too easy 6 months is a long time. The author gave a very touching read with a very vivid picture of what paradise look like that I so wanted to go join them.   I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of this series has in store for us.

Buy Links (on KU)


Overview
This new heartwarming contemporary romance takes place in the Florida Keys and promises romance/passion, and plenty of adventure.
Cardiac surgeon, Sean Flannigan, lost his daughter to a rare form of leukemia; he can mend broken hearts, but his is beyond repair. Kayla Holmes, along with her sisters, inherited guest cottages in the Keys after their stepfather died. Their high spirits and positive energy are a beacon of light that directs Sean's sailboat into Paradise Cove. Can Kayla's compassion find a crack in Sean's armor? Sometimes love isn't enough to heal a wounded heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment