Friday, April 14, 2017

Sleeper Protocol


Sleeper Protocol


Written by: Kevin Ikenberry
Narrated by: Nathan Dunford
Length: 11 hrs and 23 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:11-02-16
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing, LLC 



Sleeper Protocol is by far one of the best narrations I have ever listened to. The plot is outstanding and very realistic. I can see this coming true and it would make a wonderful movie. I was hooked from the first page until the last. The author gives you a plot based on the future when there are no need for soldiers, the wars are over or so they believe. The land changed forever, nothing is as you remember it with so many shocking changes that leave you wondering what the heck happened. The author gives very vivid details you can picture each scene. There really isn’t much filler at all just thrills, adventure and action at the best. One group decides to play with nature changing the way a human thinks, feels and wants in doing so they have taken one man waking him up not knowing who or what he is. There is another group that you aren’t sure just what they plan. You know how it is when you plan things it never goes as you want. You are in for a wild ride and loving it all the way.

They send him on a walk about without answering a lot of questions. He has a prototype in his brain that will help him as he needs. He needs to work through stages to find who he is and decide what he will do. He is lost in more ways than one and must work through not only his future but his past. There is danger all around with people who want him dead and one who wants him to succeed at any cost. The question is will he and what will it cost him?

I was blown away by Mr. Dunford’s narration from the first page he pulled me in leaving me hanging on his every word. I do not know how he did the sounds effect but they sounds natural and robotic just as one would picture it to be. He has a wonderful strong voice that you get lost in, there were no repeats of words or any place where the volume was higher or lower. If any breaks were taken I could not tell. His character voices are just wonderful, his female voices were great as was his males. You always know what each character is feeling with powerful emotion he deliveries throughout the audio. I am just blown away with how realistic it sounded. I had no trouble picturing the story and scenes as they unfold holding me captive from start to finish. There are no background noises just a clean, crisp, clear outstanding audio that I could not put down. The sound effects are out of this world pulling the reader in from every corner giving you a story you can’t put down. Walmart just loves me when I get so into the listen I keep shopping so I can listen longer. This is one narrator that knows how to perform keeping you invested and very entertained.  I am so looking forward to listening to more of his work.

The author put a lot of thought into writing this story making it very believable. The first thing that came to mind is wow that is just amazing. The next thing was this is how I see the future he nailed it right on the money. There is romance and passion along with excitement, danger, lots of questions and a wonderful ending. Your heart really goes out to Kieran leaves you wondering how someone could do this to him and then you fall in love with him as he works through it all to find out who he was and is. When he finds romance you wonder just how this can turn out good. Then there is the prototype that throws a spin in the plot. Just when you think you have a handle the author changes direction leaving you with your mouth hung open at times. There are twists and turns that surprises you and pulls you in. Berkeley maybe a scientist first but she is a woman with feeling and falls for Kieran. I was excited for them both but all is not good with people hunting them down and many more issues they will have to deal with. The really made a great couple. She can do so much for him but she could be the death of him.

The ending is wonderful and so unexpected. There are a few places you will be sad at the unknown and your heart will break. There were places I just closed my eyes and hung my head. I was so into this that the characters became real to me. I held my breath a time or two and even did a little yelling. This is well written with the author leaving it setup for book 2. I so want it now and cannot wait for it to come out. 5 Star plus from start to finish WOW just WOW loved it. I really can’t say anymore or you will not be surprised when things happen. You will be very entertained and glad you picked this up for a listen. I want to say thank you to both the author and narrator for really giving me a wonderful wild ride that keep me hook and entertained for hours.


Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Google Play

Summary
"... an emotionally powerful debut ..." ~ Publishers Weekly

Kieran Roark awakens in a wheelchair, unable to remember anything. As part of a classified experiment, he will have one year to learn his identity and recover his memory, or he will be euthanized by the state.

Scientist Berkeley Bennett has one mission: manipulate Kieran’s emotions in an attempt to bring back his memory. But when she falls in love with him, she is forced to make a harrowing decision that may cost Kieran his life.

What Kieran knows could save Earth from a coming war. Whether he believes the future is worth saving is another matter. Racing across an unfamiliar world in a body he does not recall, Kieran needs to discover who he was and, more importantly, who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment