Thursday, April 13, 2017

Revolt (Godsknife #1)

Revolt (Godsknife #1)
by Timothy C. Ward


I tried really really hard to get into this audio but the author lost me after the first few pages. This plot just didn’t really make any sense for me, it is a little far out there and I do not feel it is at all realistic. I felt lost and did not understand what is going on. I did not understand how the priestess became what she is. I do not understand the worm who decides if you live or die if you get the number correct but even if you get it correct it might kill you anyway. None of this made since to me. Who decides what that number is and what does the number mean? I didn’t understand just what these people were doing and why they were building soldiers. I am sorry I just could not finish it. Maybe I will give it a try later on.

I thought the narrator was very good, I enjoyed her character voices. You had no trouble knowing who is talking and just what they are feeling. I thought at times her voice was a little shaky but felt she carried the story off well. I did not hear any background noises or any places where the volume had changed. (Now this is on the parts I listened to) There are no repeats of words just a clear clean audio. She puts a lot of emotion into the characters when they were confused you could hear it in her voice, if they were excited she really put that in her tone. I thought she did a great job and would love to listen to more of her work.

I think the author did put a lot of time and thought into the plot even though I felt it was confusing. I would try another of his books to see more of his writing style before I make up my mind about him. This is the only book I have read of his work. There are people who loved it and some who didn’t. Please make up your own mind but my mind can just not wrap round the plot.

Buy Links

Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary

An apocalyptic battle for godhood in the rift between Iowa and the Abyss...

A fleet of enlarged praying mantises have invaded Des Moines, Iowa. Swarms of cicadas are turning survivors into winged soldiers. Orchestrating the war zone is a priestess of Order, who's pursuing godhood, and the nation of followers who’ll get her there.

Caroline's new friendship parts the veil between reality and myth, as a recruiter of Order needs her to hide him from capture. In their escape, the boss she’s loved like a father reveals his elevator into the Abyss.

In this new world, Caroline finds a usurped god and an angry ghost eager to make her their gateway back to power. What if the person her friends will need is heartbeats away from becoming the real threat?



No comments:

Post a Comment