Sunday, November 13, 2016

No Backward Glances


No Backward Glances: Point of No Return, Book 1

Written by: Kat Schuessler
Narrated by: Beauregard Aames
Length: 7 hrs and 19 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:06-28-16
Publisher: Kat Schuessler


I loved how this books starts out with a chance meeting, how it slowly builds even through the attraction is there. I had no trouble putting myself into Lorelai shoes since I have been there myself it was easy to understand her pain from a bad breakup and not really wanting to find a new love. The author throws in some mystery of a child being kidnapped and how that plays into this romance. You have a story inside a story which is both heartbreaking and happy. The ending of one story will shock you why the other will make you smile. I thought this had a really good plot with some suspense and thrills. The loving is hot as two come together one not so sure the other ready to jump in.

Mr. Aames did a good job on the narration. I totally loved his male voices but didn’t care too much for his female ones. I did feel he brought a lot to the audio he did put emotion into the read. I didn’t hear any background noise nor could I tell if he had taken any breaks. The volume throughout was even with no places higher or lower than the others. The 3.5 star is because of his female voice I thought they took a little away from the listen. His normal voice is strong and really enjoyable. He gives a clear and clean listen that was enjoyable and I really did enjoy it. With the plot and mystery I really had a hard time putting it down.

I really loved Jay he was strong and handsome with a very caring way. He knows how to give space when needed but still give a little push when he needs to. Lorelai was very enjoyable but I thought she was a little slow on the uptake. She really is a very sweet and almost innocent character who is just so caring. The way she gives to her patients and their family is touching. She even helps Jay out a time or two. I really liked her friend she was funny at times. I thought the author gave a very believable story with great characters. I did find myself pulled into this story enjoying it very much from the plot, suspense to the romance. There is a little bit of everything here. For a new author I thought she did a really good job of entertaining her readers. I look forward to reading more from this author.  

Buy Links
Audible
http://www.audible.com/pd/Romance/No-Backward-Glances-Audiobook/B01HN5ODCU

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Backward-Glances-Point-Return-Book-ebook/dp/B01DD64KPS/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1479073069&sr=8-1

B&N

Summary

When Lorelai Todd has her heart shattered by her boyfriend, she vows to never trust a man again. Six months later, she is called to the hospital where she works to help with an emergency. She speeds to get there and is pulled over by Jay, the handsome cop that will eventually threaten to break down the walls around her heart.
After pulling over the beautiful nurse that caught his eye, Jay regrets not asking her out, until he is called to the hospital to identify a potential kidnapping victim who has been shot. When he arrives at the hospital to speak with the nurse in charge, he is surprised and happy to discover that it's Lorelai, the beauty he pulled over for speeding. He wastes no time in asking her out and she accepts, but hesitantly.
As their relationship progresses and gets significantly steamier, Jay wonders whether or not he can convince her to let her guard down and trust him, while also trying to track down the man who kidnapped and shot the young victim that brought them together.
While he's wooing Lorelai, Jay also has to follow leads, examine new evidence, and deal with the shock of an unexpected suspect. In the midst of all of this, somebody from his past shows up and threatens to ruin all of the progress he's made with Lorelai. Can he convince her that he won't hurt her like her ex, or will she throw away her chance at happiness for fear of her heart breaking once more?

No comments:

Post a Comment