Friday, March 4, 2016


Rev (Jack 'Em Up #4)
by Shauna Allen

 My Review
This is a story about two people who cannot out run their past they come face to face with it at every turn. Micah he is a sweetie with so much on his mind as he goes through his day to day life he is tortured by his tour in Afghanistan. He more or less keeps to his self even with his friends or in a crowd he always feels alone. He is hiding so much he just wishes he could hide his brain and the nightmares it brings. The only bright side is Jewel’s she is his light in his darkest times. If only he was good enough, if only she could be his. Jewel’s is hiding things as well as her past becomes her future with her own nightmares she finds she can’t hide anymore. Before one can move on one must love their selves to do that they must forgive their selves. Two people with heart breaking past who hide their demons inside where no one knows the pain they suffer. Sometimes the scares are not always on the outside but within. As Micah and Jewels grow closer both knowing some of what the other feels the past comes back to bite them as danger grips them and pulls them in they have to fight their own demons and those around them before they can find their HAE.

Micah story will break your heart so many have had to deal with some of these issues. War is never good and leaves our military broken when they come home to face their nightmare. For Micah it is even harder he lost so much and he can’t let his secret out.  If everyone knew what he has done they would never look at him the same. Jewel’s has always had a pull from the first time he met her he has wanted her but he doesn’t feel he is good enough. There is just something about her that will not let him walk away. To keep her he might have to protect her with his life.
Micah
I bear the wounds of battle.
I suffer the scars of shame.
A shell of the man I once was, I survive now only to honor my fallen friends.
I have been hardened by war and fractured by guilt, but Jewel Jackson has found a way into my heart, and I’d die to protect her—even from myself.”

Jewel is like so many before her she is broken and half a women trying to get her life together and put her past behind her. Just as she is about to take control of her life her past comes back to haunt her. She is broken half a women with so much pain and so scared she is afraid to move. Micah has always pulled her in giving her something to see and feel if only she was good enough for him. There is no way he would be interested in her not with the way she is. She is nothing special there is nothing sexy about her if only…
Jewel
“I have been hurt. My body and my spirit have been beaten down.
I’m struggling to pick up the pieces.
To have a life.
To find my strength.
So what am I to do with Micah Christian—the only man who’s ever truly threatened my heart?”

The author gives you wonderful characters and supporting characters. As only Ms. Allen can do she reaches out touching your soul as she gives you a touching heartbreaking read. There are so many times you want to take these two hold them and telling they are worth so much as they work their way into your heart. When two people who think they are nothing come together they might just find they are something wonderful. These are characters you can relate to as the author gives you a very believable story of normal everyday people just like you and I.

This is one book and series that will grab you, pull you in as this author gives you a page turner you won’t be able to put down. There is no way you won’t fall in love with Micah and Jewel their story will stay with you once you put the book down. If you haven’t read this series you might want to start with the first book and follow these wonderful characters as they fight their way to love and happiness.  I really hate this series is over I have so enjoyed it. You might want to keep a few tissues just in case.

Buy Links




Overview
***WARNING: This book contains content that may be triggers for anyone who has been abused or raped. Please read with caution.

I bear the wounds of battle.
I suffer the scars of shame.
A shell of the man I once was, I survive now only to honor my fallen friends.
I have been hardened by war and fractured by guilt, but Jewel Jackson has found a way into my heart, and I’d die to protect her—even from myself.
~~~~
I have been hurt. My body and my spirit have been beaten down.
I’m struggling to pick up the pieces.
To have a life.
To find my strength.
So what am I to do with Micah Christian—the only man who’s ever truly threatened my heart?

***All books in the Jack 'Em Up series are standalones with HEA but if you'd like to enjoy them in order...
Burnout (Prequel - Blake & Delilah: The Beginning)
Crank (Book I - Blake & Delilah)
Torque (Book II - Jesse & Rachel)
Hitched (A Jack 'Em Up Wedding - Jesse & Rachel)
Throttle (Book III - Trace & Tori)
Rev (Book IV - Micah & Jewel)

No comments:

Post a Comment