Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Land: Founding:


The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga
Chaos Seeds, Book 1
By: Aleron Kong
Narrated by: Nick Podehl
Series: Chaos Seeds, Book 1
Length: 9 hrs and 49 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 04-27-17



I really did enjoy this audio it has a unique twist I do not play games so for me it was different and I liked it. The only things that got a little old is when he powered up. Don’t get me wrong I liked knowing what powers was given just having so much at once took my mind off the story. There are lots of twists and turns starting with (I think) a demon who wants to get off planet but can’t until he finds someone to start conflict. He needs humans but they have to come willingly. He has a great plan getting young teens to play his game and want to move up enough that they want to come and be a part of his planet. There are dangers at every turn that has to be worked out you either win or you die. I know I set there wondering what would happen if the characters died and was very pleased with the outcome.

Come take a journey as one young man fights his way to be the first person to go all the way to the top and win. The only things is what does he win and what he will have to go through to get there if he even can get there.

The narrator just a really wonderful job with the narration from the many different character voice to the emotions. I thought he had the right pitch and tone for everything each character went through. The volume never changed, no background noise and the music used fit the story very well, it wasn’t over powering, not to loud or two low. I could not tell if any breaks were taken. There was no repeating of words just a very clean and clear audio I got lost in. I had no trouble knowing who was talking or what they were feeling. The narrator normal voice was just as pleasant as his character ones. The male and female voices were outstanding. I really got lost in the story and had no trouble picturing the scenes at they were laid out. It was very easy to forget you were listening. I really loved this narrator and what he brought to the story.

I enjoyed the surprises as they came along, had a few heart stopping moments, a few times I thought wow this can’t be good. The story is a learning process just like a game. The author goes a wonderful job laying it out, pulling on your heart as Richter tries to defend his land and defeat the enemies. There is a lot going on in a short time but you never feel lost you always know what is happening. I felt I was right there going along for the ride, I even put my hands over my eyes a time or two thinking no no no and oh yes yes yes oh my what the heck. The author pulls you right in making you feel part of the story. It is very fascinating and I really enjoyed it. The ending leaves off where the next part of the story will begin.

Buy Links

Audible

Amazon

B&N



Summary
*The Acclaimed Debut Novel of the Best Selling Chaos Seeds Saga*
*A mesmerizing tale reminiscent of the wonder of Ready Player One and the adventure of Game of Thrones*
*#1 Audiobook 2017*
*#1 in Cyberpunk and Video Game Fantasy*
*Over Four THOUSAND positive reviews on Goodreads*
*Welcome my friends!*
*Welcome... to "The Land!"*
Tricked into a world of banished gods, demons, goblins, sprites and magic, Richter must learn to meet the perils of The Land and begin to forge his own kingdom. Actions have consequences across The Land, with powerful creatures and factions now hell-bent on Richter's destruction.
Can Richter forge allegiances to survive this harsh and unforgiving world or will he fall to the dark denizens of this ancient and unforgiving realm?
A tale to shake "The Land" itself, measuring 10/10 on the Richter scale, how will Richter's choices shape the future of The Land and all who reside in it? Can he grow his power to meet the deadliest of beings of the land? When choices are often a shade of grey, how will Richter ensure he does not become what he seeks to destroy?
ps - Gnomes Rule

No comments:

Post a Comment