Sunday, January 29, 2017

Bridget, A Father's Daughter

Bridget, A Father's Daughter (Blood sister series 1)
by Diana Nicholas 

 


I am really torn on the rating for this review there are so many good things in this story. For my taste it is too short and leaves a lot out that would truly make this a 5 star read. For a debut and new series it was a good read. So much is left out, so much left unsaid that really needed more explaining to really give you the understanding of their relationship and the buildup for a romance. Does this make it a bad read no it is wonderful and really held my attention. What this story is lacking is chemistry, the pull of attraction between Bridgette and Alexander. Oh it is there but we really never see it, when things go a little haywire you see the start but no depth only the outcome. There is not enough romance you really do not see what really pulled these two together from meeting to marriage.

What I likes was the secret baby, not knowing who is the mother adds to the mystery. For all five sisters to stick to not naming names really adds a lot to the story. The author writes it in a way that really pulls you in making you guess but I am pretty sure the outcome of who the mother isn’t. Charlotte adds a lot to this story but you do not get to see the full impact of her meddling. Again you see the start and finish but not what goes on in between that would really make this story more interesting. I really wanted to see how Alexander turned Bridgette mind to have faith in him and not in what she saw. Alexander’s mother is something else I expected her to be cold hearted but she really is a wonderful lady who really wants the best for her son. I thought more time was given to her than Bridgette and Alexander getting to know each other and making a relationship. Not saying that less should have been written I thought it was great and would have liked to know a little more about her. I just felt I know his mother and Bridgette more than I know of Alexander and their building up of their relationship. It is a clean read that is done in style that really makes it a delightful read.

I thought the author gave a great understand to the sisters, I would have liked to have know why they each thought they destroyed or let their father down. I would have liked to have known how he died. I thought the author really showed how hard it is to be a mail order bride the conflict in deciding and the worry of the turn out a woman has. I loved the meddling mother how she took over in some of the decisions. I enjoyed how Bridgette and Alexander thought about the whole mail order bride thing. I found so much in this story that was so interesting and was really pulled in. This could have easily been a 150 to 200 or more page story and have been a wonderful read with the authors writing style would have easily make it a 5 star read. I believe this is easily a 3.5 star read it kept my interest from start to finish with mystery, meddling and a woman who might just stand in Alexander and Bridgette way of finding true happiness. I really loved the twists and turns that really throws a tailspin on the story that leads to a few rough and rocky roads. I just need more information. I hope the author really does more building in the future stories they could really be outstanding reads. Bottom line I really enjoyed it just needs more romance and the conflict detailed out. I know others will feel as I do and really love what is given. I do look forward to seeing what the author does with the rest of this series.

Buy Link
Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9NVY8Z/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01N9NVY8Z&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2

Summary
Five sisters, a single tragic act and a secret baby.

Three years ago, the worst happened and a baby was sired, destroying the future of five sisters. The blood sisters made a vow to keep the maternity of baby Sophie a secret. Now with their father dead, they must plan their future and the only option is to become mail order brides. They cast lots to decide on who will go first.

Bridget picks the determining card and she is set off to leave for Butte Montana. She dreams of a world where she can ride horses to her heart’s content and there are plenty of horses in Montana. The only person who comes between her and her dreams of a peaceful life is Charlotte Turner. Who is the pretty blond with a knowing grin and what hold does she have on Bridget's intended?

Alexander Baron’s only interest in taking a mail order bride is to appease his controlling but loving mother. He’s a workaholic completely dedicated to continuing with his father’s legacy of making Windy Willows the largest ranch in Montana.

Still, his new bride intrigues him. Beautiful, with mysterious, green almond shaped eyes that hide secrets which reveal themselves in her dreams, Alexander is determined to find out what demons ail his beautiful wife. Can he convince her that what matters is their future and not her past?

Can Bridget keep the secret of Sophie’s mother from her determined husband? Will the mysterious Charlotte Turner give her and Alexander the space they need to become a proper husband and wife?

This is the first book in the Blood sisters’ series. If you like clean, historical fiction about women with a past who risk everything to find love on the Western frontier, you will love Bridget, a Father’s Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment