Sunday, January 15, 2017

Faith and the Texas Lawye


Faith and the Texas Lawyer: The Brides of Texas Code Series, Book 4

Written by: Carra Copelin
Narrated by: Meghan Kelly
Length: 3 hrs and 52 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:11-17-16
Publisher: Carra Copelin

I really enjoyed this audio of time travel, mystery that is filled with just passion that isn’t throw in your face but write in style. You do not feel lost at all knowing just what took place and smiling all the way. If you are waiting to know just what trips the time travel you will find out closer to the end the author isn’t giving much away leaving us and her characters in the dark until she is ready leaving it a mystery for a while. Two people are pulled to the same house both must have it but they live centuries apart. Faith just has to sign the paper work and this house is hers. She goes looking for find out who built it and finds some very interesting information that leads to more questions. With more searching she finds a trunk with clothes inside as she puts one dress on she is taken back in time. She is a little confused to what just happen goes downstairs everything is different but the same. She is so confused when she meets Joseph and he demands to know what she is doing in his home.  Just when things start getting interesting for her she is pulled back into her own time. This is the way the story goes through out making it a very entertaining read as we find out more about this home and its history I was pulled into the web the author laid out for me.

I have listened to other audios by this narrator and I still think she does a wonderful job on her characters emotions and their voices. She does have one voice I don’t care too much for but the rest I just love. She really puts a lot of emotion into the audio pulling the reader in. In her normal voice (which is very pleasant) she sounds more like she is reading, you can hear her hesitation but as soon as she gets into her character voices you have a wonderful emotional listen.  Her male voices were delightful giving such emotion of angry, confusion and love to her characters. Her female voices are the same just the one I do not care for it sounds too whiny. There are no background noises or any place where the volume changes throughout the story. If a break was taken I could not tell. I found this to be a clear, clean audio that I enjoyed very much. I had no trouble picturing what each character was feeling the narrator puts a lot of feeling into her characters. I was very pleased and found this a fun and at times exciting listen of mystery and romance.

The author really brings the story to light from the here and now to the travel back in time. The storm I had no trouble picturing in my mind as the wind blow pulling me into the danger. I really liked the history of the house and finding the answers to the mystery of who and how it got build. With Faith being pulled back in time will she be able to help fight a storm that took so many lives, will she be able to make them believe she is from the future with information of things that are yet to come that could not only help save important documents but people lives.

I found myself running around my head just as Faith was to work out the mystery of how she keeps going back and forward in time. I kept saying what am I missing only to feel like a fool with all was told. I really liked how their relationship came to be, the pull of the attraction, the chemistry. I had to laugh as  Joseph kept demanding to know who she was and what she was doing in his home, along with Faith saying I own this or I will as soon as the papers are signed. It was such fun watching her explain that she was from the future trying to make him believe it was such fun. When the sheriff came knocking I had to laugh at the outcome. I loved how the author blends so well fact and fiction together to make it a very believable read.  I loved the corset scene and had to laugh trying to picture myself in her shoes. I was thinking that would be where I drew the line that thing is not getting on my body. The sexual tension was written so beautifully that you are really pull-in.  I thought this story was well written giving a very believable listen that pulls the reader in giving a very entertaining read. I really can’t wait for the next one to see if maybe her friend is in it. The characters are such a delight from the house keeper who keeps me chuckling to Joseph best friend.  This was a very entertaining read. If you like time travel and a little mystery in your romance you really should give this book a try.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
Faith Daniels has had a hard time fitting in all her life, from the time she was left on the steps of a firehouse to her recent divorce. The only time she feels connected is when she rehabs old houses. Often she wishes she could have experienced life in a simpler time. Her current project, a 1900 Galveston mansion, is all she ever wished for and more. When some mysterious force transports her from 2016 to 1900, just prior to the most devastating natural disaster on record, will Faith give up all she has attained in her present life to stay in the past with the sexy turn-of-the-century lawyer?
Joseph Benning has serious trust issues. He is still recovering from the jolt of being dumped by his fiancée shortly before their wedding. In order to prove to himself he can manage on his own without a woman in his life, he decides to reach outside of his routine and buy a house. Suddenly, a strange woman shows up inside his house telling fantastic stories of disaster and destruction. Will Joe be able to make the right decision and let her go, when it comes time to save her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment