Saturday, October 29, 2016

His Little Lapis: The Red Petticoat Saloon


His Little Lapis: The Red Petticoat Saloon

    Written by: Renee Rose
    Narrated by: Meghan Kelly
    Length: 4 hrs and 19 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release Date:08-22-16
    Publisher: Blushing Books Publishing


My Review
This was really different than what I normal read I wasn’t expecting it to be so much about playing a little girl. I really did not care for the story line I just have a problem with grown men wanting to have relations with a child even if it is a women dressed up like a little child. For the most part if you over look the child issue the story wasn’t bad and was well written. Since I did not care for the story I mostly put my focus on the narrator.

I have listened to one other audio from Ms. Kelly I really wanted to listen to more of her work to see how it compared. I thought her narration in this audio was really good she really puts emotion into the listen. Her voices fit the characters giving power to the males, and soft and sexy to the female as well as her child like voices were just darling. There was no place where the volume was higher or lower than any other place in the audio. If breaks were taken you could not tell. Her voice was very clear you had no trouble knowing who was talking and just what they are feeling. I could really feel the emotions in her voice whether sad, happy or angry. I thought she brought a lot to this audio. I opinion is she makes it worth listening to. I look forward to listening to more from her in the near future.

I understand this is a fantasy story I just had some trouble with this story line. I have a hard time believing anyone would enjoy being a prostitute especially is someone had been  sexual assaulted and had to turn to it to make a living having sex with so many men I doubt very much if anyone would have enjoyed it.  I also have trouble with women running around outside dressed as she did. Maybe I am wrong but I thought they dress with little more clothes on when going out in this time area.  

I did enjoy how she went to help his niece and showed herself as the fine lady she was before prostitution. She was a very strong lady who had no trouble standing up for herself.. I enjoyed the baiting back and toward between her and Will. I still have major issues with any man wanting a woman who looks like a little girl so the sex scenes for me just didn’t work. I also have a problem with prostitution being charming with all the wild carrying on in a mine town.  I thought how the author wrote about the town it’s self was realistic with the harshness and violent found there.  For me most of this story was a big turn off. I know with an audio there is more to it than just the story you must also review the narrator for me the narrator made this worth listening to.  
If you enjoy this kind of read this is a narrator you do not want to miss she really bring the story life in details that you can picture the scenes in your mind. I feel sure there will be people who will not only love the narrator but the story as well.  Please do not let my review turn you away from the story this is just my thought and feelings.

Buy Links
Audio

Amazon

B&N

Summary

Once a respectable young governess, Louise Small tumbled from society's grace after her employer forced himself on her. She wound up at The Red Petticoat playing Little Lapis Lazuli, a submissive who dresses like a girl and offers her bottom up for frequent spankings.
She enjoys her new identity, so far removed from the prim governess she'd been, but she longs for a real daddy - one who is kind and caring, yet willing to administer real discipline. When she spies Culpepper Cove's Mayor interacting with his young niece, she knows he's just the sort of man she wants. But his disdain for her and her profession put them in conflict.
Letting go of her little self, she reverts to the proper, fine-mannered governess to win his attention. But at what cost? With her little side squashed, and no hope of being accepted in polite society, she hardly knows who to be or what kind of life to lead. Would being the Mayor's wife be enough?
About The Red Petticoat series:
The Red Petticoat Saloon series is a collection of books written by number-one and USA Today best-selling authors. Each book tells the unique story of a different woman, a "gem", who comes to the saloon to find a safe haven and discovers they become part of a family. Recurring characters appear in each book to allow listeners a continuity as they learn about the women who have learned to bend but have not broken under the harshness that life has to offer. It is a series where strong, loving men find not only entertainment at the saloon but the special women who reside under its roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment