Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Special Agent Christie Lovelace (audio)




Special Agent Christie Lovelace: Village of Idiots

    Written by: Gene Penny
    Narrated by: Rebecca Roberts
    Length: 5 hrs and 58 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release Date:05-03-16
    Publisher: Eugene Penny


My Review
This took me a little to get into but once I did I was hooked. I can honest say I never saw that coming it really blow my mind. I thought this was an interesting listen at times very humorous. There were a few times I really laughed out loud.  Kieran should be shot for all he did and his ending was outstanding I really didn’t think Christie had it in her. I was cheering the whole way when she put the hammer down on him. Otto is one strange dude with money on his mind, I would have loved to have shaken him for trying to shake down Christie. It took me awhile to understand the feces thing which was mind blowing in its self. I can promise you there will be a time or two you might now want to be eating anything it is pretty nasty lol. The author gives you mystery, killing, death, bodies coming up missing and well I can’t tell you anymore or it would give it away.

Ms. Roberts has out done herself on this one with her very talented voice giving the listener a highly entertaining listen. I love her character voices both male and female are outstanding. I really have to give her a pat on the back there were places I am not sure I could have read it and not have laughed my silly head off.  If you haven’t listen to anything by this narrator you really should she is wonderful. One of her audio are so much more than a book it’s more like a movie. You have no trouble seeing the things she reads come to life in your mind. There are no background noises, I did not hear any volume changes. She really put emotion into this audio you have no trouble knowing what each one is feeling. You know who is talking by the voices which are really outstanding. Each character brings so much to the story as Ms. Roberts bring them to life. I have never been disappointed by any of her performance, she is very talented and it shows in her work.

This was really a very different kind of read which you will either love or hate. You really have to have an off the wall sense of humor to really enjoy this. There were a few times when I thought oh no she/he didn’t to that find oh YES they did. Poor Christie’s day started out bad and went to worse, as her week goes by things just are not getting any better. He boyfriend is something else and I have to say she does more than I would have for the SOB. Paybacks are a B as you will find out. The author gives you a little mystery that will take you awhile to work out. I really doubt I would have enjoyed the book as much as I did the audio. I just do not think my mind would have given such a vivid picture without the narrator. I have to admit there are a few parts I would like to have not been so vivid. It did take a little while for me to get into this I was a little confused at times but it didn’t take long for me to work out the issues. At this point I was pretty well hooked. I needed to find out why, who and what was happening. If you are looking for a love story I wouldn’t call it that even though Christie does have a boyfriend things go south very fast. The author does have an off the wall sense of humor which I have as well. There were places I thought were too funny for words other places where it was just downright disgusting but funny. This isn’t going to be a book for everyone but for me I enjoyed it.  This is more a story of why someone was killed, than it changes very fast to weird things going on around you that you just can’t put your finger on. Before you know it the author changes the whole things around with a few twist you won’t see coming. All in all it was a pretty good plot and story line.

Buy Links



Summary
Christie Lovelace is sent to investigate an anonymous tip linking the death of a nameless woman to allegations of corruption in the small town of Danbury, Texas.
In the course of Christie's roller-coaster investigation, she is blindsided by unexpected news from her boyfriend Kieran, financially accosted by a strange motel owner named Otto, and forced to endure the curiously strong smell of feces wafting throughout the sheriff's station.
Special Agent Christie Lovelace: Village of Idiots is oddly befitting of a Monday - a day that starts off on the wrong foot and spirals into the most bizarre mystery of Christie's career.

No comments:

Post a Comment