Sunday, August 7, 2016

Black Opal


Black Opal (Peri Jean Mace #2)
by Catie Rhodes

My Reivew
This is a series that just gets better and better with twist and turn full of mystery thickens as Peri is on the hunt for her cheating boyfriend. When she finds him he will pay that is until she gets to where she is going and her whole world is turned upside down. I feel you could read this as a standalone but to get the full impact you will want to read the first one. This is a pretty fast pace with a wonderful plot of who done it as ghost come to life right before your eyes trying to tell you a story but not knowing how. Leaving Peri guessing to what happen and the why, there is danger all around the killer might still be alive and near. It could be anyone but all fingers are pointing to the boyfriend or even the serial killer who is in prison.

I really felt sorry for Dean as Peri falls flat on her face coming face to face with the cheating man when she finds out who his date was. It seems Peri isn’t the only one hiding things there are many secrets that will be uncovered as the author keeps you laughing at the mess they get in. For the ghost your heart will break that one beautiful life was taken away long before her time. One family needs answer to close the door on their lost love one and the killer who took her.

I loved the plot as the story twists its way around you mind you are on the hunt trying to help Peri find the victim and killer. Before you know it hours have past and you close the book wishing it would go on. There are times I held my breath other where I cheered and still some where my mouth fell open and still more where I laughed myself silly. I can’t wait for the next one in this series this is one author that has me spellbound. I love Ms. Rhodes unique writing style she make you feel like you are right there with Peri , you are almost ready to jump out of your skin as the ghost take over pulling her one way and then another. This is one series you will want to read that pulls on your heart string giving you a story you can relate to that is very believable.

Buy Links
Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Summary
“I knowed you'd be coming.” The voice came from next to my arm, male but high and reedy. “You here to make things right, ain't you?”

Not according to Peri Jean Mace. She might communicate with ghosts, but right now she’s on a mission to catch her two-timing boyfriend with his pants down.

Instead, she's drawn into a decades-old murder mystery, in a house full of strangers. To top it off, her boyfriend's mother gifts Peri Jean with a spectacular gemstone that enhances Peri Jean's own supernatural abilities.

What could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment