Monday, February 12, 2018

Falling for the Best Man


Falling for the Best Man
by Joanne Dannon


What a complicated story which happens more than you might think in real life. It was easy to relate to some of these characters since I know a couple that went through something very near to this. Their outcome didn’t  turn out as happy as this one but I guess most don’t. It is never a good thing when two brothers fall for the same women. The author throws in a few twists that left the read saying WOW. Jonah meet Kaylah and fell in love with her from the start within minutes only to find after talking and laughing they fit so well together his brother steps up and said you can’t have this one she is mine. This is where your heart breaks and you feel so much pain for Jonah. Fast forward a year it is time for Jonah to come home for his brother’s wedding.  This is where it gets very complicated and interesting as they work through the issues no matter how you look at it some ones heart is going to break.

I have mixed feeling about each of the characters, at times I really liked them and other times not so much. This is a very close family but all that changes the day Jonah meets Kaylah he doesn’t come home much but still stay in contact with them. He is very kind hearted and just an all around great guy. His only issue is he has never been able to forget Kaylah and his feeling for her. Felix at first I really like him but he becomes a very me, me, me person. His wants and needs come first and believe me he has some very big ones. Out of all the characters it was easiest for me to relate to Kaylah since both of us have had some of the same issues. It was easy to understand her need for a family and the lengths she was willing to go to get that. Where we differ is those lengths were more than I could understand and would not have agreed to as she did. Life is hard and when you feel lacking or you want love so bad you will go to great lengths to get it you might be surprised what you are willing to do to make your dreams come true.

My hats off to the author for me this would have been a very hard story to write. She pulled it off very nicely. She throws a spin to keep the reader interested and entertained as well as a little shocked. There is a little more filler than I like but a good story that I enjoyed. The characters I liked, didn’t and did it was a very love dislike relationship for me. I could relate and did connect with them. If though I did like Kaylah I thought she sold herself short many times. She deserved better than she thought but it was easy to understand why she did the things she did. The ending was great everyone seemed to be happy. It is a very touching emotional read. The author thought it out putting some major twists that were entertaining. Expect to have your mind blown, be shocked and feel so much compassion.

Buy Link
Amazon

Summary
When the love of his life is his brother’s bride-to-be…

It was love at first sight when app developer Jonah Randall met Kaylah, but he’s crushed when he discovers she’s already dating his brother. When he’s asked to be the best man at their wedding, should he speak up or forever hold his peace?

Lifestyle hacker Kaylah Westwood’s engagement brings her a step closer to the kind of life she’s dreamed of, full of love and family. Her fiancĂ© is a good guy. It’s a shame it’s his brother who makes her pulse skittle.

Jonah would never betray the brother who’s always been there for him. With just two days to go before the wedding, can he let the woman he loves marry his brother? But when Jonah confesses his feelings to Kaylah, a mind-blowing kiss has her rethinking her commitment. She thought she’d fallen for the right man. But is he the best man for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment