Thursday, July 20, 2017

Her Magic Touch



Her Magic Touch: Hell Yeah!, Book 3

Written by: Sable Hunter
Narrated by: Lia Langola
Length: 12 hrs and 29 mins
Series: Hell Yeah!, Book 3
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:07-08-16
Publisher: Sable Hunter


I really enjoyed this book there was one part that I found to be a little too much that was her being a virgin and having lost it to herself with toys. As innocent as she is it is just hard for me to buy into this part of the story. As far as Joseph saying she was coyote ugly he did say that when he thought she wasn’t around but she did over hear it and it hurt her deeply. He did go to her and try his best to make up for what he said as he does throughout the story in a few places. I could relate to this when I met my husband there wasn’t anything I liked about the man from his attitude to his looks. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder he did grow on me looks and all. What I got from this story was the true meaning of beauty with a powerful message about love, trust, wants and needs. I decided to walk in his shoes being a strong tough man use to getting what he wanted in the world including all the women. Having that all took away I can see why he went to being mean to  Cady it was his way at getting back at the world and she was the closet person to him. When one is in pain they usually strike out at that person. Was it right NO but it does make it a more believable story.

Moving on to Ms. Langola performance and her ability to capture the emotions of her characters and bring them to life. I thought she did a wonderful job really pulling the listener in with her powerful emotions never leaving in doubt just how they felt and what they were dealing with. I could hear the pain in Cady voice, how she doubted herself and how much joy she got out of the little things.  Joseph came across as the spoiled boy I really thought he was. You could really hear how not being able to move his lower body really affected him. I really loved the different character voices that really fit each character so well. The narrator really bought out the pain but she also brought out the humor really giving it that extra touch. The love scenes were great you almost felt as if you were there watching a movie. There were no repeats of wording, no background noise or any place where the volume changed. It was a very clear audio that really was a pleasure to listen to. I really enjoyed the character voices the males given deep sexy male voices. The female’s voices were just as great. Ms. Langola voice is very pleasant to listen to from her characters to her normal voice. It is a voice that really pulls you in grabbing your attention as the plot takes you away. Her tones were right on the money as well as the emotion she puts in her voice. After listening to a few of her audio’s I think this is one of her best.

I really liked the plot there is a little danger, magic, pain and lots of sorrow but at the same time there is joy, happiness and some very thrilling love making. The green eye monster does show his head which makes Joseph say and do things that aren’t nice. Again I found this believable to how some people do react. When one is hurt they can be very hurtful. When hearing part of a conversion it is very easy to turn on the person that has helped you when you are unsure of so many things. I thought for the most part the story to be believable. All stories can’t be sweet and kind with so many people would react the way this family did. I love the humor how the family deal with issues bring a smile to your face. This is the 3rd book I have listened to in this series I really enjoyed it. At times I didn’t like Joseph so much but I understood why he was hitting out. At times I would have liked to have shook Cady for turning the other cheek but that was how she was raised. I love this family and it was a pleasure to revisit them touching on things I had forgotten. There was only the one part I had trouble with others wise this was a great audio.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
Daredevil Joseph McCoy is convinced of two things: First, he's invincible - and second - he's God's gift to women. But heaven has other ideas.
Joseph's world is turned upside down when he wrecks his dirtbike and finds himself paralyzed from the waist down. For a while, Joseph doesn't know if he wants to live - until Cady comes to take care of him. Cady is Joseph's guardian angel - literally. And she will do anything to make sure he regains all he has lost - including his manhood.
Cady is not Joseph's usual type of woman - but by the time this handsome cowboy knows what hit him - Cady has found a place in his heart. After Joseph has experienced Her Magic Touch - he will never be the same. Joseph falls in love with Cady and learns that true beauty is a rare and wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment