Monday, June 26, 2017

Mail-Order Brides: A Durango Romance



Mail-Order Brides: A Durango Romance
• Written by: Julie Pollitt
• Narrated by: Leonor A. Woodworth
• Length: 55 mins
• Unabridged Audiobook
• Release Date:04-06-16
• Publisher: Julie Pollitt 


What a sweet delightful audio that was great from the start. My heart really went out to Rachel. I just can’t even imagine living the life she did after her parents died. I thought my aunt was bad but nothing like her uncle taking her in and using her the way he did. I am betting her parents are rolling in their graves knowing all he took from her leaving her with nothing. She decides to take matters in her hands becoming a mail order bride. Tom needs a strong woman with a clean name to clean up his life and to start to become an upstanding citizen. When the two meet they decide to take it slow to make sure this is what they want. That is as slow as a short story will let them.

Ms. Woodworth’s narration was great there are no repeating of words. Nor is there any volume change or any background noises. If any breaks were taken I could not tell.  Her male and female voices are a delight coming across with lots of emotion that really brings the story to life. Her tones are very powerful never leaving you in doubt what emotion each characters is feeling at any given time. I thought the performance was very good. Ms. Woodworth has a very pleasant natural voice that is a pleasure listening to.  I really enjoyed listening to this audio the narrator made it a pleasure to listen to at one setting.

What I liked about this audio was that it was clean, sweet and the characters really talked. By the time the wedding takes place I felt they had really worked on their relationship, both were supportive of the other and at times defended the other. At first I didn’t care too much for Tom with his past but it didn’t take long for him to grow on me. I really wish there was something that could have been done about Rachael’s uncle. I thought the best character in this story was Rachael from her kind heart to her loving caring ways she really made this story for me. This was a short to the point story with no fillers or cliffhangers. If you are looking for a short listen I hope you will give this author a try.

Buy Links
Audio

Amazon

Summary
Rachel Carson spent much of her life being treated as a second class citizen. When her well-to-do uncle died and left her penniless, she had no choice but to find a mail-order husband. She could only hope and pray he would be a kind and gentle man that she could spend her life getting to know and love.
Tom Kinney had a bit of a bad rap around town, but that wasn't about to stop his entrepreneurial spirit. Tom decided he would work hard promoting his new hardware store and find a wife to help settle his reputation down.
When Rachel arrived in Durango, Tom could not help but wonder why she chose to be a mail-order bride. Was she running from something, or did she just need a home?
Will Tom and Rachel find love and friendship when they least expect it?



No comments:

Post a Comment