Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Reunion

The Reunion: The Friessens, Book 1

Written by: Lorhainne Eckhart
Narrated by: Valerie Gilbert
Length: 4 hrs and 30 mins
Series: The Friessens, Book 1
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:07-11-16
Publisher: Lorhainne Eckhart


 My Review
When starting this I felt a little lost and thinking this was part of another series that explained it a little better.  As I continued to read I found this to be turn as the author talks about other storylines. It took me a little while to catch up but soon it all fell into place.

Valerie Gilbert did a great job on the narration. She gives a very smooth listen with wonderful character voice. She goes give wonderful emotion and you can tell what each are feeling. Her characters voices were great you did not have any trouble telling who was talking. I did enjoy her many character voices you could always tell who was talking and just what was on their mind. I found no background or any places where the volume was higher or lower at the beginning of a chapter. You could not tell if any breaks were taken the audio was a smooth clean lesson. Her male voices were a good as her female ones.  I really enjoyed her voice and the feel she gave to the read.

The family comes together after the mother has a stroke to celebrate Ronald and Becky's Wedding anniversary. They also have to come to terms with Becky’s recent stroke. The family are overcompensating which leave her feeling suffocated. For those of you that have read the other series the author lets you get caught up on each family member going over pass struggles. I really thought it was an emotional read but I kind of felt left out. I would recommend you reading the other books about this family I feel if I had I would have enjoyed it more.  I am sure once you do you will totally enjoy this read. It was well worth the listen just to get to know the narrator.

Buy Links





Summary

The family you thought you knew.
A reunion you'll never forget.
A love that lasts forever.
Welcome back to a very special Friessen reunion, in which Becky and Rodney renew their wedding vows. Joined by their sons Brad, Jed, Neil, and their nephew Andy, along with their wives and children. This family will show you how love will see them through all the heartache and obstacles life throws their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment