Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Cherie Amour


My Cherie Amour
by Gwen Piercy


My Review
I had a hard time getting into this it has a great plot with some great characters. There were parts I loved and places where I thought to much filler were used.  The things you want in life are in your sites when a new man walks into your life and the past comes back home. There is a little of a love triangle more or less one sided but still there. Selena is on her way to becoming a top chief she just needs the big break.  That big break is about to break her but there is still hope when Dean comes in out of a storm and tries their soul food. It isn’t long before he is not only hooked on the food but the little lady serving it.

Selena is a lady full of sass which I love she tells it like it is I really liked her. She is a go getter, family is important to her, she gives up so much to help run the family business which is falling apart. She works hard and doesn’t expect anything to be given to her. I really liked her personality at times she has me smiling. Other times my heart broke for her a little.

Dean is an alpha male who knows when to step back and regroup. He shows this over and over again. He has lots of money but it doesn’t guide him, to just meet him you won’t think he did he is very sweet, kind and pleasant to be around as well as being very down to earth. He wants a woman who wants him and not his money he puts Selena to the test will she pass or will he walk away?  Dean kept me smiling with his kind heart and wonderful personality.  There is something big that happens that will put Dean and Selena at odds with each other. It is any ones guess if their new love is strong enough to weather it.

I did not feel the pull or the chemistry between these two. They felt more like very good friends than want to be lovers. I really enjoyed how Dean pulled her out with her getting her way but him getting his. He is a very sneak man which makes him so much more Dearing. Handsome, has money, and so giving what else could a girl want.  I like how Selena stood up for herself didn’t let Dean’s money and business sway her. One of the reasons I have given this a low star is for me if I can turn pages after pages and not miss anything then it has too much filler and not enough of the main story. If you were to skip pages most likely where you pick up you most likely could not tell you have missed anything.  

Mark who knows about him he worked for me at the beginning but after awhile he just seemed misplaced. He was a great character which you will not like and you aren’t supposed to. There was one part where Selena meets the Chief again and they go at it, once he said something she changes her mind. I thought that was a little too fast. That scene didn’t work for me. I loved her father and that he didn’t give up the dream he and his wife built. I think it was his way to stay busy and keep her memory alive. I really liked the plot and the characters. All in all it wasn’t a bad read at all just a little too many fillers. Some reads love this I am not one of them. I do hope you will give this story a read. For me it was worth reading.

Sadly at this time it is not up for sale. I was asked by the author to read and give an honest review. 

Goodreads link

Summary
Selena Campbell does not believe in love. Love belongs in movies. If her past had taught her anything, it was that love only gets in the way of your real life dreams- in her case, the dreams of being a successful chef.

There was no man in the world who could deter Selena from her path.Or so she thought. Till one fine night, of all the barbecue joints, in all of the world, he walked into hers...

Dean was Selena's worst nightmare. Drop dead gorgeous, flamboyant and kind.The more time she spent with him, the less she could deny that they had some serious chemistry. But it was not long before his wild past crept into their lives. Sometimes, the past creates walls that are impossible to climb... unless you risk it all.

What do you do when love leaves you no choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment