Wednesday, October 7, 2015


Shadow of Doubt
    Written by: W. J. May
    Narrated by: Lee Strayer
    Length: 6 hrs and 26 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release Date:03-12-14
    Publisher: Wanita May 

 My Review
4 stars
This was a very different kind of read or listen a little on the strange side. I still do not understand why the shadows turn into humans at night. It does make an interesting read but I can't say very believable. I also have to say if you are going to read the shadow books you will want to get both either in audio or book form for it all to come together. Book one left me a little confused where as when I read book two it made it a wonderful read. I totally loved the ending and that is what made this book for me. I am really glad I decided to read book 2 which cleared up a little of my confusion just not all of it. It was worth my time listening to this and I really enjoyed this second part.

Lee Strayer as a narrator did a wonderful outstanding job bring the story together for me as well as his voice which was clear. His many different voice were nice you had no trouble seeing who was talking. There were no background noises as well as no breaks that I could tell. I did not care for the music at all I found it to be interrupting but besides that I totally loved the narration. 

I really liked how the author brought in a past love and all the drama she brought. This really made the story interesting and added so much to the story. The ending is wonderful and I never saw that coming even though the author does drop a few hints I just never saw anything good coming out of it. It does seem I was so wrong in my thinking. I feel a lot of people will really enjoy this story.

audio
http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-Thrillers/Shadow-of-Doubt-Audiobook/B00IXZ4MN0

amazon (buy the books together)
http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Doubt-Part-Combined-W-J-ebook/dp/B00EY1M22A/ref=cm_cr_if_orig_subj?ie=UTF8&linkCode=xm2&tag=audiblecom0f-20

Book Description
 What happens when you fall for the one you are forbidden to love?

Erebus is an immortal night dweller, walking the Earth for the last century. By day he is the occlusion of a payphone, and by night he returns to human form. Shadows are meant to live for fun and satisfaction but Erebus is different than the others—solemn and withdrawn. That is, until he meets Aurora, a law student at Cornell University. His entire world is shaken. Feelings he's never had and urges he’s never understood take over. These strange longings drive him to question everything about himself.

The Night Council prohibits emotional relationships with humans. They are good for only one thing—sex. Erebus risks severe punishment to be with Aurora and when a jealous ex stalks back into his life, Erebus must decide if he should break the most important law set by the Shadows.

His desire for Aurora could destroy her, or worse, erase his existence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment