Saturday, October 3, 2015

Never Give Up
by Heidi Lis 


My Review
5 Stars
This story really touched my heart. I love second chance stories that bring a smile to your face as it tears your heart apart. Getting back together is never easy but when you hold secrets 
it is even harder. When those secrets come out at the worse time nothing good can come out of it. Heidi gives a wonderful story of lost love finding their way back only to have it all almost taken away again. This was a very touching read that will break your heart and bring a tear to your eyes. So many people hurt, so many tears cried, so many people to blame, so many lies told and so much time lost because two people decided to play god to one girl they were suppose to love and take care of. Two people who love so much have parents that think they know what is best for them takes steps to keep them apart. This was a very emotional read that really reaches in and touches your heart.

I could relate to Elsa I felt her pain as not only a young girl but as an adult. There is nothing worse than to lose those you love, some people taken away from you only to find out years later that the ones that should love and support you is now you worse enemy. At first I did not care too much for this character all she did was cry after 5 years still trying to get over a lost love. Once Micah came back into her life and you know all the facts your heart breaks and all you want to do is set beside her hold her and cry with her.

At first I didn't understand Micah his reason for leaving without a word was hard for me to buy but once the author gave all the facts it was very touching. Micah had little choice but to join the military it was a family tradition. He couldn't say good bye or he would never have left. He does send his brother to talk with her but her parents step in taking away that right as they have so many others. On returning and getting out of the military the first thing he does is look up the girl he left behind only to be told he she has moved on and forgotten him. He decides to move on start up with a new lady. This is where the story gets very complicated as he finds out all that he has lost and all that he wants back. 

I found this to be an easy book to get into with a slow start but was soon a page turner to find out what else could go wrong for these two people. The author gives a wonderful plot with a heartbreaking story which will hold your interest as the characters take on a life of their own. The one thing the author never told me was why in all the 5 years he never came home to visit his family. This just seems a little off but it does work well with the plot. This was a book I could not put down the author had me so pulled in as she twisted the plot to bring so much pain and heartache. She gives you a very steamy read with so much passion of lost love that could not get over each other. This is a very emotional and touching read leaving you with the question how can parent that say they love you treat you so bad when you needed them most. Never Give Up is about losing it all only to come together to fight for what is right, taking back what is yours. It is a well written story that will blow your mind with all the author has in store for you. I have been with this author from the first and I must say she has really grown in her writing as well as in her plots. Each book gets better and better. Never Give Up is a keeper you will want to read more than once.



Buy Link
Amazon



Book Description
Micah Taylor

My first love.
My first time.
My first heartbreak.

Letting him in was easy.
Forgetting him was damn near impossible.

Five years have now passed…never forgetting.
Five long years that couldn’t erase…his memories…my regrets.

Now he’s back!

What happens when the heartbreak of the past discovers your most guarded secret?

IT’S THE MOMENT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Lies are told, secrets are exposed, and the heartache of the past force me to reveal the most sacred part of my soul. The day I feared the most was now upon me. How can I survive this yet again, losing him once was bad enough…losing him a second time would destroy me.

I do the only thing I can...

I’m Elsa Winters, and this is my story.

Meet the Author

Heidi grew up in the Midwest, but currently resides with her husband and four children in the Pacific Northwest. Heidi most enjoys spending time outdoors with her family. Between raising her children and obsessing over her favorite reads, she has let the storyteller within herself come to life.
With the love and support of her family, she is following her dream while teaching her children how important it is to follow theirs. She prides herself in believing that anything is possible, the first step is believing in yourself.
Heidi's passionate and loving style in which she lives her life comes through in her writing. Her heart has led her down the genre path of a contemporary and suspense romance writer, but she has plans to extend her vision into other genres as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment