Sunday, December 24, 2017

A Deadly Obsession


A Deadly Obsession
By: Melanie James
Narrated by: Bailey Varness
Series: A Riverton Romance, Book 2
Length: 6 hrs and 42 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 01-14-15
Language: English
Publisher: Melanie James


What a thrilling exciting listen that keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you are looking for an audio that is fast moving, with action, suspense, mystery and romance you have come to the right place. This was so good I was so hooked from start to finish that I bought the first audio in this series and can’t wait for the next one to come out.

I thought the narrator did a really great job with the characters. There are some places when she paused that she should not have.  A few places where she paused that maybe the next words should have been said before the pause. It did take me a little while to get use to her narration but once I did I was hooked. Her character voices are great both her male and female was given the correct amount of emotion to what they were going through.  There are no background noises, no volume change just a very clean steady audio that become a part of your mind. No repeating of words which is a big issue for me, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. I had no trouble knowing what character was talking or what they were feeling. The only problem I see is the narrator needs to work on when she pauses beside that it was an outstanding job. I would defiantly listen to more of her work. I thought she really bought the characters to life making it a very pleasant listen.  

There are many twists and turns, you get to see both side of the story which really adds to the plot. There are a few heart stopping moments that you are unsure which way the author will take the story. I honestly didn’t not care for Jake’s boss and he outlook on Jake’s secret, he really started out as a very nice man but really turned into well an a** very fast. He will lose a lot of good men if he doesn’t clean up his act. I loved Jake he really is a man of honor, his father at first is a little hard to take but he grows on you. Adam was a dream I loved how protective he was of Jenny. The buildup of the romance was a delight, I really enjoyed how Adam dealt with it. There are lots of humor that will make you smile just as many places where you catch your breath waiting to see the outcome. It is a highly entertaining listen that pulls the reader in holding you on the edge. The romance is wonderful I just loved how they loved each other from afar for so long with neither knowing how the other felt. I liked how it all came together.  The obsessed is crazy lord the things this man thinks of will just turn your stomach. He is totally nuts wanting the women who he believes is his true love and the revenge he thinks is his due for the justice he thinks he deserves.  You just have to love a psycho, that is as long as it is in a story and not real life.

Bottom line this is a great story from start to finish that holds the listener spellbound waiting for the nut case to come out. There is a fine line between right and wrong but if you are like me when it comes to the people you love trying to keep them safe you will cross that line every time.  I can see this series going in a lot of different direction all with a great outcome as some leave the law enforcement getting away from the ties of the law when the law doesn’t work. I really can’t wait to see what the author will do with the next book. I really wish it was out now. I honestly did not want the story to end. It isn’t a cliffhanger but does leave a few loose ends where the next book will take off.  


Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Kobo


Summary
An obsession takes many forms. Jenny has always lived under the watchful eyes of her brother, Adam and his fellow police officer Jake Matthews. After Jenny strikes out on her own, something very dark seeks her out and pushes her towards the man she has always known-or the man she thought she knew. Jake has a secret that could cost him everything he’s worked hard for, including his job. Will he risk everything for Jenny?
Redemption, justice, and vengeance. Will Jenny and the men in her life be able to see where one ends and another begins? It’s a fine line between right and wrong. How far will someone go to protect the person they love? How much are they willing to risk?

No comments:

Post a Comment