Sunday, November 8, 2015

You Own Me (Owned #1)
by Mary Catherine Gebhard
I am really torn on this review there were parts in this book that I thought were great other parts I was totally lost. Some of this made sense other parts made none. The book started out really slow for me, around the middle it got my interest and then it went back to being slow. There are to many secretes with no answers which leaves way to many questions. I had an issue with the repeats of saying the same thing over again. There is really no ending you never know if they end things or keep things as they are. The wife threw me as well as Lenny going to OMG I am xxxx to well that is find wife is no big deal.

Now that I said what I didn't care for let me tell you what I liked. I really like Vic even though I thought he was weird at times. He was a strong alpha male who I really believed cares and loves Lenny but lies to her to keep her. I thought that lie was a little off it didn't make sense. When it came out he lies now that makes sense. Vic is a protector and protect those around him. He wasn't a character you liked right away he came across stuck on his self but turns out he really is a wonderfully sweet man.

Lenny I just do not know what to think of her beside she needs to see a head doctor. She comes across as a normal person and than changes into a head case. You never really know if she really is seeing ghost or if her mind is working overtime. Most of the time she is a really likable person. Your heart does go out to her with the hard life she has lived with parents that need help but never got it. Her mother dies early in her life from hanging herself. Lenny is the one who found her which could be the reason she has so many issues. Her ex Dean was a trip and got what he deserved even though she thought that was a little to much. She ran from Vic for what he did to Dean but gets over that fast and falls for Dean. Lenny is one messed up lady no doubt about it.

One reviewer said this was a book all about sex with no story. I do not agree there is no sex until you are well into the book. There is a story just confusing as times of where it is going to go and how it got there. The sex scenes are on the hot side but Vic said they can't and only goes so far. One day they go all the way so no there isn't that much sex in this story.

There are parts I really enjoyed when Vic and Lenny meet that butt heads. Lenny's ex coming for her had my heart in my throat. At times I thought it was a great read and other time I thought it was a little over the top. My honest thought is this is a 3.5 Star with some great parts and some not so great. I can't say it is a book I want to read again and I feel some of it could have been cut out to make it a better read but all in all it wasn't a bad story and does have a good plot. You judge for yourself some will love this and others may not. For me I am still on the iffy side. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

Buy Link
http://www.amazon.com/You-Own-Mary-Catherine-Gebhard-ebook/dp/B00QEJ5V46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447036156&sr=8-1&keywords=You+Own+Me


Book Descrption
 "I'll love you until you break my heart. I'll give you the broken pieces of my heart as an offering to you, because you own it. Whole, shattered, alive, or dead; you own my heart no matter what condition it's in. I'll stay with you until you figure out how to feel. I'll stay with you even if you never do."

This is a story about happiness, and how it doesn't simply happen because you fall in love.

Lennox is on the run from her ex-boyfriend. She had to drop everything, tell no one, and move to a new town, alone. She expected to be lonely, she expected to be afraid, but she never expected to meet a man named Vic who drove her crazy with lust and anger and called her "Lenny." If it's at all possible, Vic is more twisted than the man she ran away from.

She should ignore him, but they're drawn to each other like magnets. Lennox ran from from Seattle to Santa Barbara to get away from violence, to create a new life, and to be something simple. Instead she's found herself wrapped up in great friends and an epic love. This new life is the opposite of everything she wants, but it might just be everything she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment