Tuesday, August 11, 2015


4 Stars
Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda #2)
by Dori Lavelle

This was defiantly a wild ride that you will have trouble putting down. The author gives you some very heartbreaking writing that deals with some major abuse. This is a great addition to this series. I was so glad in the last book that Haley got away from the monster she married in this one the author puts on her thinking cap and gives you a very suspenseful read. Murder, rape, the hunter becomes the hunted or does he.

Haley is still leaving in fear she might have escaped her husband and ran away but he is on the hunt for her. Harley does grow as a character as she gets back somewhat to her old self. This time she will stand to fight to the last drop of blood. It was nice to finally see her take the bull by the horn as she pulls him down a peg or two. I didn’t feel as sorry for her in this book as I did in the first one that might be because she is a stronger person here. There are secrets that come out, she finally has to go to the police even knowing she might be going to jail herself for killing a man. It will be worth it Jude must be taken down at any cost it just isn’t her life anymore that he is playing with. Haley gets a few shocks as the story goes along I was glad to see that some of them ended the way they did. I feel I would have felt the same way but I do believe I would have run for the hills making sure I past a doctor’s office on the way.

Dustin become a major role player here as her protector and the man that still loves her. I really liked him as a character he is strong, caring and loving. I didn’t feel the pull between him and Harley but I am not sure the author meant us to. They were once lovers and now friends but I am not sure they will ever become a couple.

We do get to know more about Jude and watch as he spirals out of control trying to gain control of his life as he makes plans to get Haley back. He is holding a few cards close to his chest and has been for years. I expect this from the first book and as we go into the second one I was sure of it. I am not sure we have seen the last of him yet. Either he or his brother will be back in the next book. Yes, Yes I know how this book ends…just saying. It was nice to see more into his crazy mind as he takes his pain out on other women in hopes to bring Haley back into line. This is really one messed up man who really needs to die, heck I am willing to pull the trigger if no one else wants to. The author makes sure he isn’t a character we will like there is no way anyone could ever feel sorry for this man who hates life and will kill those he said he loves.

I did have one issue with the lighter I am not sure if you throw one it would have happen as the author writes but I could be wrong. There were times my heart was in my thought and thought OMG take that man out please. For me by the time I got to the middle of the book it was a page turner for sure. I really enjoyed seeing how Jude thought and how through his mind he was doing it all for love. I loved the ranch life and how the author pulled the farm animals into the story. Raised on a farm it brought back some wonderful memories of feeding the calves and lambs.

I have read many books by this author as she takes me to the darker side of life it has been a suspenseful ride that had me holding my breath. I had no good feelings for Jude and felt he got what he deserved or at least I hope he has. The author gives a wonderful story that will hold your interest. I do highly recommend you read book one before you start this one. I found I was a little lost and had to go back to retouch on a few things in book one to make things a little clear. Ms. Lavelle always gives you a well written story that keeps you guessing. Once you get a taste of her style I am sure just as I you will want to read more of her work.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment