Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lady Justice Takes a C.R.A.P.


Lady Justice Takes a C.R.A.P.
City Retiree Action Patrol, Book 1
By: Robert Thornhill
Narrated by: George Kuch
Series: Lady Justice, Book 1
Length: 6 hrs and 59 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 10-10-16



Lord I don’t know how I forgot to write a review on this wonderful, delightful story. I guess I was so excited and thrilled to find a new author that I loved so much. This is where it all begins, Walter the cop comes to life after many days and dreams of what Walter wants to do with his life he decides he wants to become a cop, being able to bring justice to people and bring the bad guy in. As with life things never go the way you think they will, justice isn't always easy and sometime just a little over the top, things can go wrong in an instant. Walter is a retired Realtor and up in years, when looking into to this he finds he is to old, his bones don’t work the way they use to, and he won’t meet the requirements. He is heartbroken until the day they find it might be a good idea to have some form of cop at his age. He must go through the hoops, go through the fires before he can become something of a cop assistant. There were times when my mouth hung open and I closed my eyes as he and the men beside him go through the pains but at the same time I could stop myself from laughing. Walter has a dry sense of humor that is right up my alley. I fell in love with Walter almost from the first page. It was a thrilling, exciting, dangerous, wonderful listen that has a little of everything between these pages. Once you start this series you won’t be able to read/listen to just one.

Mr Kuch is a wonderful narrator from his male to female voices you are captivated, he really brings Walter to life with his dry humor that fits him to a T. Each of his character voice really fit what I picture the character to sound like which makes it very easy to picture them in your mind. I had no trouble picturing the danger, ribbing, humor and excitement as it unfolds. There are no background noise, no repeating of words and no volume changes. He brings true emotions to his characters you can feel the power of the excitement, danger, thrills, and humor along with the dry humor of dear old Walter. I cannot tell you just how thrilling this audio was and how much I enjoyed his work. The narrator knows how to bring you the thrills, excitement that holds your attention from the first page until the last. I really can’t wait to listen to more of this series from him.

I really didn’t know what to expect when I picked this up to start listening. To be honest I had been putting it off for some time. I really thought it was going to be boring but to be honest it is anything but. I love how the author twist wording to come up with things you would never have thought of in that context which really makes it more humorous. My son and I have the same sense of humor, and I am sure he would love this series. I can even see his wife enjoying it. This is a clean story base but does have passion and a little romance but not as you know it. Which makes it even more thrilling to be able to have a family and teens that can read it and have something to talk about. It is a series that both of the sexes will enjoy. There are tons of excitement, danger, and even a few thrills with a twist that you don’t see coming. I was hooked from the first page until the end and loved it so much I bought the next book in the series. I love Walter and all the characters, they bring so much to the story line. The author and narrator really know how to pull the listener in giving a very highly entertain listen that captivates you with a story you can’t put down. I can’t tell you just how much I truly enjoyed this.


Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
When corrupt politicians, the Italian mob, and a dirty cop collude to take over a Northeast neighborhood, Walt is recruited for the most bizarre undercover assignments of his new career. When conventional police work fails to solve the case, once again his band of scrappy seniors come to the rescue.
In the process, the amazing discovery of a previously unknown session by a deceased rock & roll idol stuns the music industry. What should be a joyous occasion soon turns dark as lives are threatened.
All of your favorite characters, along with two lovable additions, are back to help Walt in his quest for justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment