Saturday, January 16, 2016

Kiss So Sweet (From The Heart Series, Book 1)



Kiss So Sweet (From The Heart Series, Book 1)
by Stef Ann Holm

 My Review
This was a charming read that made me laugh with some sad times but has a wonderful ending. Franci is a delightful character I had to laugh at her sense of humor in the trailer scene. Kyle was such a stand up guy always doing what is right even at a cost to his self. I love how the author brings it together in a well told plot about family and friends.  The Moretti’s are a very tight net family who work hard, they come together pushing each other to try to be the best they can. I loved their parents who were best friends and lovers. They made me wish I could be part of their family.  It broke my heart when Franci had to take over running the company this was a great loss not only to the family but I felt I had loss someone important to me as well. This was a great read with an outstanding plot that keeps you entertained. It might start out slow but doesn’t take long to heat things up giving you a highly entertaining read.

Ms. Holm’s gives you wonderful characters that you can relate to. She brings sorrow to the readers which will tear at your heart. She makes you laugh and want to cry as she tells a compelling story of family lose and starting a new, with conflicts, and pain. There are characters I would love to see have their own stories. Her one brother who lost so much I would enjoy see him get a happy ever after, being a single parent isn’t easy. I enjoyed the chemistry between Franci and Kyle right from the start you can feel the heat coming off them. Franci’s mother is a sweetheart even through her heart is breaking she still does what needs to be done. She helps her family deal with their loss and makes sure Franci has to put up with Kyle even when she said she doesn’t want him around. This is one mother who can read her children very well.

There were two places I didn’t agree with or wanted more info. Franci’s mother never told Kyle how much money she got. She just said it was a lot but later in the book he told Franci the correct amount.  I felt Kyle gave in to easy with his mother. He didn’t even try to tell her that man she was seeing had a problem with building business and them failing. I would also liked to have know what happen to them if they make the business work or if he took her money and dropped her when it ran out.

I thought this was a really great read with a lovely plot. It was well written with wonderful characters filled with humor. She gives you very strong characters both head strong but willing to bend and grow. Normal people who stand up for what they believe and can admit when they are wrong. She gives you  people who have mortals and worth ethic the way it use to be. The stand united no matter what even though hard ships they stand beside each other. It is a pretty clean read with a little heat with no stepping over the line. I really enjoyed this read and think most people will. This is the first I have read of this author. I have enjoyed her writing style and look forward to reading more of her work.

Buy links






Books Description
 When the mantel of leadership falls upon Architect Francesca Moretti to see a high-profile construction project to completion, she rallies to the challenge. Construction may be a guy's world, but Franci intends to prove she's just as comfortable in steel-toed work boots as designer heels.

Then the financing company sends Kyle Jagger, a glorified nitpicking babysitter, to oversee her every move. As Kyle constantly looks over Franci's shoulder—and not always at the blueprints—Franci gets the distinct impression his interests extend to more than the bottom line.

Previously titled: All The Right Angles

REVIEWS:
"Wonderful and witty, and I laughed a lot." ~The Romance Readers Connection, Rista Tompkins

"Charming!" ~Romantic Times BOOKreviews

No comments:

Post a Comment